CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING ON SUNDAY JULY 20TH

Jpatte

Established Member
CHICAGO LAND COBRA MEETING ON SUNDAY JULY 20TH :)

It that’s time to meet up again! Let’s see how many Cobras we can get in one place. Last meeting we had 15 Cobras it was a gorgeous site! We will meet Sunday July 20th at Bill’s Drywall in Mokena IL at 10:00 a.m. I will have the usual coffee and doughnuts for Dan and some door prizes to pass out. We will spend the after noon talking about our mods on our cars and the dynos we did last month. After that we will go on a cruise. I’m not sure where, but we will figure something out.

There is no Entry Fee or Expenses; everybody is welcome, so bring the family if you like. I just want everybody to come and have a good time.

Please emailing me or reply to this thread so I can get a head count on how many people are going to be there.

Place:
Bill’s Drywall
19145 104 ave
Mokena, IL
Phone: 815.485.6226

Time:
10:00 a.m.

Date:
Sunday July 20th

I will have my cell phone on that day for the geographical challenged people.

John Patterson
Cell: 815.922.1338
Home: 815.485.7413
[email protected]

Vmax39

Established Member
You guys have a great time. I will be out of town so I'll have to wait till the next meeting. How about again in Aug anything after the21st is good for me.

Tom B

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Rude....

I thought you guys were thinking about coming up North this Sunday.

Victor Ford Car Show 9:00am - 1:00pm

GT 40 prominantly displayed on the flyer.

At the car show the GT40 will be prominantly displayed (on the flyer).

Racing at GLD to follow.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
John [Slowlane] There didn't seem to be a lot of interest in going to GLD. I'm getting my car into the dealer Mon. so I don't want to tempt fate by racing Sun. Maybe another time. I hope you get a good turnout! :beer:

Cliff

Jpatte

Established Member
Thinking

Slow Lane

The word was thinking! If we have enough interest we will come, but for the time being, I don't see it happening.

Slow lane invited the group up north for a Car show or test/tune day at a track in WI or dyno day. Its about 1 1/2 hr drive to meet up with him. I really think he should come down here.

Any other thoughts from the group.

John Patterson

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
I was joking.

It's a long drive, that's why I didn't make it down to Mokena.

No offense meant to anyone. I am however jealous that the car guys in the Southern Suburbs seem to be much cooler than those of us who live way up North.

If Rte 66 was open for test & tune on Sunday I would make the drive down South... I was planning on the next weekend for the NMRA races, but it seems the Modular Shootout has a monopoly on having an '03 Cobra class.

skstang

Established Member
You southern Chicago pansies. I drove two hours down there for the first meeting. You cant come up to a show. We could dominate an entire row with these 03's. Oh by the way that's why I didnt show up for the second meeting. Too far to drive ;-). Just having fun guys. It is a good show though. Lots of Hooters Girls to look at too.

flyn high again

Established Member
Guys, I don't know where we are going, [if anywhere]] but Route 66 is having Bracket Racing and some NHRA National Dragster event Sunday. Gate 11 is the only gate open for racers and spectators so I don't think it's too big an event. We could go watch the races and park together. $10 entry fee. General Admission. Just an idea. Here's a link to the info:

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/r66/event.html? N=a&EventID=559

Anyone else have any ideas?

Hooters girls? :)

Jpatte

Established Member
Meeting

SKStang:

I remember you driving down from the Rockford area, right. I'm glad that you came. You guys are right we need to meet up somewhere to get the maxium amount of cobras in one spot. I once saw a movie that said "if you build it, they will come". I'm still waiting to hear that voice.

Slow Lane:

The fat lady hasn't sung yet!

John Patterson

Jpatte

Established Member
Meeting

Cliff,

We will stick around Bill's parking lot and take it easy. It's kinda late to change plans.

We are still meeting at Bill's drywall at 10:00a.m..

John Patterson

flyn high again

Established Member
Ok, John, after everyone gets there we can make our plans.

If anyone wants to see some other '03s and talk with people on this forum in person, stop out tomorrow. John mentioned door prizes! Last meeting I won my snake air valve caps...

Hey, Lyle,
if you're out there, pm me...

Hank,
how's your tan? Are you back from Hawaii yet?

Does anyone who's coming have Magnaflow cat backs? I heard Tito's Bassanis last time. [Exxxxcellent] :beer:

hj16

Established Member
Hank,
how's your tan? Are you back from Hawaii yet?

Tan? , mediocre at best. I'm Polish for Christs Sake!!!

And yes, I'm back from Hawaii. Just got back 30min. ago. Left Maui at 4:30pm, arrived at O'Hare at 5:35am. One long ass flight. I only got about 30min of sleep on the plane, but I'll make it out this morning. The Cobra WILL BE DIRTY though. I'll just park it away form eveybody else :)

See Yall in 2hrs :kaboom:

Jpatte

Established Member
Meeting

I want to thank everyone for coming. It was nice to see the group again. Its 7pm and its still hasn't rain yet, go figure. Pam and I went driving around for the last several hours. We past hooters in Orland park with alot of ricers in the parking lot. I blew them a rubber kiss and vanished.

Hank,

Mom says to be safe.

see you later, bye

Thanks again

John

flyn high again

Established Member
Good to see everyone today. Now I've heard Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Bassani, and other exhausts in person. Next meeting Mike[ChicagoMike] should have his Borla Stingers. Hearing the different cat backs sure helps with my cat back decision for next spring.

So next month we'll have lunch or stop by one of the car hangout/drive in spots. That will be cool. Duke's in Bridgeview was talked about. Anyone have a better spot to hang out? What's Miami Subs like? Is the food any good?

Hank,
Your car rocks with the pulley and chip. Thanks for the ride. Three people in your car and it's MUCH quicker than mine with just me in it. Let me know if you go to the track Tues. I may not have my Cobra back from the dealer, but I could bring my bike or rental...LOL.

See you all around town. :beer:

Cliff

Users who are viewing this thread