Chicago PD shoots suspect in the back

Kevins89notch

Established Member
what happened to a good ole police foot chase? Cops so fat and out of shape they have to shoot you since they can't catch you smh.

I don't understand why they don't have physical fitness tests besides hiring.

The physical fitness exams to get hired...that's a bare minimum. Have them do it every 3 months. Have some sort of punishment like if you fail 2 out of 4 you're in some warning zone with required gym visits and if you fail 3/4 you're fired.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

The physical fitness exams to get hired...that's a bare minimum. Have them do it every 3 months. Have some sort of punishment like if you fail 2 out of 4 you're in some warning zone with required gym visits and if you fail 3/4 you're fired.

They do have remedies for that. It's called bicycle for patrol. At least that is what they do here.

rcknrol

Established Member

It's 2020. Ever hear of quota hires? It's why my brother left the PD and why a TON of good cops are leaving and have been leaving for years. It dilutes PD's across the country and leave a majority of bad cops, despite their training.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Texas DPS just implemented a waist size policy lol. Lotta fat Troopers in Texas but of course the union is now fighting it but to be honest "Waist size" really isn't any indication of being physically fit. Plenty of small waisted dudes that cant run 10 feet without collapsing!
Troopers have sued the Texas Department of Public Safety over a waist size policy. Commissioners say the policy is needed.

Just cause ur thin doesn't mean ur in shape. Im 6'0 223 lbs and run the 1.5 mile is 9.40 and im 49 years old so age or waist size is not an indication of ones ability to be fit.

There are Police departments that have policies pertaining to physical fitness tests yearly based on age but to be honest virtually none of those PD's utilize these policies cause if they did they would lose half their PD and those would be veteran officers usually who have the most experience and training.

MG0h3

Established Member

Problem is, then the department or agency has to provide on duty physical fitness time.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
It's 2020. Ever hear of quota hires? It's why my brother left the PD and why a TON of good cops are leaving and have been leaving for years. It dilutes PD's across the country and leave a majority of bad cops, despite their training.

It is Not just law enforcement that forced diversity/quota hiring is ruining. Many companies, my own included, have similar policies put in place.
Sadly, a strong work ethic, good education and vast experience are no longer the most important factors for securing employment.

Users who are viewing this thread