Chevrolet SS… Thoughts?

ZiaRunner

Established Member
I read a few comments on the pricing being higher now than when they were new. Im seeing prices from 45k-55k.

I like them but Im having a damn hard time saying to myself it’s worth paying more with ~30k miles than when it was new vs. just buying a brand new vehicle.

LS WUT

Established Member
I read a few comments on the pricing being higher now than when they were new. Im seeing prices from 45k-55k.

I like them but Im having a damn hard time saying to myself it’s worth paying more with ~30k miles than when it was new vs. just buying a brand new vehicle.
Depends on what you’re looking for mileage wise. I’ve seen quite a few with lower miles for about $40k. I’ll say those LS3’s are pretty stout. Haven’t heard almost any complaints about them. Almost traded my white coupe for a built SS. I just couldn’t let my cobra go for it. It was a nice car, and built well.

This one I found has been on the market for about 100 days. They’re willing to negotiate.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 51

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
There's a white 2017 Chevy SS with 46,942 miles selling for $46,695. at a dealership in Bethesda, MD. That's strong money! Just like this one (couldn't copy/paste from the listing).

Ei2KmSoVkAAvNsS

Gross.

Looks like a Chevy Cruze.

Why would someone want one of these over a Charger?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I would take a gen 2 ctsv over an SS all day at current prices. Not even close.

jshen

Established Member
Somebody at GM had a good idea in building this car!! But mgt at GM did adsolutely NOTHING to market, improve issues, and could have easily built this in USA. Instead they focus on Cadillac. It hacks me off that they just left it to die.

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Somebody at GM has a good idea in building this car!! But mgt at GM did adsolutely NOTHING to market, improve issues, and could have easily built this in USA. Instead they focus on Cadillac. It hacks me off that they just left it to die.
No they couldn't have built it in the continental US as the UAW would of shut everything down with a general strike. I asked an engineer why ship the engine and transmission to Australia then to install it at East Elizabeth then ship the whole car back to the US. Why not just install the engine here when the bodies showed up. That was what he told me the UAW would of went on strike as the vehicles wasn't made here and that wasn't assembly but actually making the body panels the interior pieces and everything else that wasn't electronics.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Crazy they are going for that price. I paid around $42-43k for my 2017 brand new if I recall. Sold it less than a year later to get a hellcat. The styling and power was underwhelming for me.

I’d rock a v2 ctsv 10 times over

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I thought a bit about buying a new SS back in 2016 before I got my mustang. I liked them on paper with the LS V8, 6spd manual, magneride, but I just could not get over how much they looked like a malibu especially from the rear. I know "understated", yes, my e39 m5 is both understated and great to look at, I can't say the same for an SS personally.

Yes and no. I had a G8 GXP and the SS was almost better in every way. More refined, nicer, etc.

I remember your old GXP back in the day, that was a bad ass car.

Users who are viewing this thread