Chevro Delo ELC Coolant

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm getting ready to change the coolant in the SVTP F-350 over to a HD ELC coolant. The only problem is thant I can't find any place to buy my coolant of choice, Chevron Delo ELC:

Diesel Coolant, Delo Prediluted & Extended Life Antifreeze - Delo - (United States)

Does anyone know of a place to buy this stuff online or a store that should be able to order it? If I can't find it anywhere I'm going to head over to the Caterpillar dealer and buy some Cat coolant.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
We use the same type of coolant you speak of in our fleet trucks, but we get it in drums... Try any fleet service stores?

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Pm me and I'll see what account we use locally to get the elc, maybe I can locate something close to you.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Travis,

Have you tried your local Napa? I've read very good reviews on this coolant. It seems to be the "bees knees" in your diesel. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We use the same type of coolant you speak of in our fleet trucks, but we get it in drums... Try any fleet service stores?

I live in a tourist area, there's not a lot of fleet service places around me. I do have a Cat dealer a few miles away though. At the very least I'll be able to get Cat coolant from them. Maybe they'll be able to get the Chevron stuff too.

Travis,

Have you tried your local Napa? I've read very good reviews on this coolant. It seems to be the "bees knees" in your diesel. Good luck in your search.

I know they don't have it on the shelf, but they may be able to order it. I'm thinking about running ELC in pretty much everything I have, gas motors too.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I live in a tourist area, there's not a lot of fleet service places around me. I do have a Cat dealer a few miles away though. At the very least I'll be able to get Cat coolant from them. Maybe they'll be able to get the Chevron stuff too.

I know they don't have it on the shelf, but they may be able to order it. I'm thinking about running ELC in pretty much everything I have, gas motors too.

Elc is the way to go, try the cat dealership or any other farm/industrial shop or parts store, how about any truck stops? Elc seems to be getting popular and is used in a lot of freightliners

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Cat dealer is about the only place I can think of that will have it. There's a chance tractor supply may have it.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Without some of the harmful abrasives in the ELC, is it more eco friendly, or does it still contain the more harmful formulations of glycol?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There are some formulations of ELC that are biodegradable, but I'm not sure if this one is. I found that Travel America truck stops carry Chevron. Unfortunately there isn't one close to me.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Couldn't get the Cat ELC in concentrated form, and haven't been able to Chevron. I did manage to get a case of Rotella ELC concentrate ordered today. Should be here Thursday.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not the Chevron, but I was able to order some Rotella. It's the same stuff International uses in their big trucks so it should be fine for a Powerstroke.

Users who are viewing this thread