Check this big Generator out

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
+1!

I'm wondering why they didn't send it by rail? Presumably more efficient, you can have all the diesel locomotive you want and less disruption to traffic patterns. Perhaps it wouldn't fit through a tunnel somewhere though.

Cool pics o.p.! :thumbsup:

Rail doesn't make a car that I know of that can distribute that weight enough to handle it.

Mammoet has moved a lot of stuff for us over the years.

DieselSVT

Established Member
Impressive.

We had something similar here.

They were installing 2 Turbines at a new power plant in town. They barged them up the CT river and then convoyed them about 20 miles using similar equipment. Barnhardt was the rigging company hired. They were installed and the bottom fell out of the budget the company went bankrupt and they auctioned the turbines off to Puerto Rico...they had to to do the whole thing over again :D

NateV8

Established Member
That would suck if it tipped over haha especially if it was on a busy road like in the pics. I don't think they would be able to get it back up!

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
very cool. we had one similiar here in ct. it came from england by barge,up ct river,then by road to mass. i had to raise the wires on its designated route,so it could pass thru our work area without getting hung up. it only traveled at 5mph,but also doesnt stop once its going

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
So it has to go 300 miles and is traveling 5mph on a public road?

Same thing happened here in PA a couple months ago...TMI nuclear power plant had to replace some generators, and it took them weeks to move the things through Amish country....one big cluster f&*k

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Rail doesn't make a car that I know of that can distribute that weight enough to handle it.

Mammoet has moved a lot of stuff for us over the years.

Interesting. You'd still think that would be the more efficient way to go. You'd kinda figure that if there's a market moving this stuff in trucking than the rail companies would design and build a car w/ similar capacities.

Users who are viewing this thread