Check out my new set of wheels and tires! Pics inside.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
OH3Cobra said:
I heard Nitto's hook great in the kitchen. Watch out for the throw rug.

lol...That's the basement man. The Nittos do hook quite well down there though. You get 'em rollin at about 5 MPH and they will stop on a dime cause that concrete floor is so slick. :coolman:

THC

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
I want to do this on my GT........Can I just run the stock backspacing since I have the solid axle?

I have no idea about solid axles because I have an IRS on my car. The best thing for you to do is call a wheel company such as CCW and ask them what is the most back spacing you can run on a Mustang GT. That way you can see if the 7.62" of the widened wheels will fit or not.

EDIT:

I just got off the phone with CCW, and they said there the most backspace they would run on a solid axle 99+ mustang would be 6.75". I am sure you could manage to put a 7.62" wheel on there, but it might be too close of a fit.

IMO I would just have the wheels widened to 11.5 inches, then use a 1" spacer to counter the larger offset. That way you can run 335s and large 315s with ease. I don't know if this would work, but it sure would be badass if it would.

Hope this helps,

THC

Last edited:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
reason why im reading this thread is i may put some 17x10.5's on my cobra. the guy said he has 3/8th spacers. im debating on if i an even fit a sumimoto 315 with those spacers due to the size of the 12.75 inch tire. i may just put on a 285...

userob2002

Banned
HiPO28104 said:
looks good man.

Do you think widing the rim to 10 would have been better for clearance and no spacer use? But if only they made this wheels with a 1 or 2 inch lip in the back and that would look kick ass. :cuss:

SVT04

Established Member
Why do these old threads keep coming back ? Do you guys even look to see when this thread was started ? ....back in 2005 .....give us a break. :shrug:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Why do these old threads keep coming back ? Do you guys even look to see when this thread was started ? ....back in 2005 .....give us a break. :shrug:

The date does not really bother me. Good COBRA mod information is timeless. It never goes out of style & it's always valuable to us... ! ;-)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
For heaven sake if someone sees an old thread and has a question about it then PM the person that started it! Do not bring the thread back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread