**check engine light**

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Just a quik question...I keep getting a check engine light but my preadtor says there are no trouble codes. I try to clear the code but it says there are no codes to clear. Then start the car and the light is gone. I drive 5 mins down the road and the light comes back on. The only thing Ive done to the car recently was put my O/R exhaust back on after inspection. Any ideas?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
did you make sure that you still had the o2s disabled on the predator, for the O/R pipe?

you could always try disconnecting the battery for several minutes, and see if that fixes it.

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Yea the downstream O2s are off. Tried the batt thing and the lite came on as soon as I started the car. What gives?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Funny...i am having the EXACT problem as of recently. Bassani mids, dr gas x pipe, and magnaflow catback and a predator programmer with the performance tune loaded are my only mods.

Check engine light is on with no codes found. I can clear them but the light comes back on shortly after.......subscribing

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Go to Auto Zone,Advanced Auto,etc.,and have them scan it and post the codes up.I`m guessing it due to the o/r pipe.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
but they are saying they are already using their predator to check for codes, when the cel comes on...but for some reason the engine isnt throwing any cel codes to be found.

i guess it would be worth a shot taking it somewhere and just hoping somehow they are able to pull a code from it. but...if your predator isnt finding any codes, i kind of doubt their cel scan tool would work any better. but...who knows.

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
but they are saying they are already using their predator to check for codes, when the cel comes on...but for some reason the engine isnt throwing any cel codes to be found.

i guess it would be worth a shot taking it somewhere and just hoping somehow they are able to pull a code from it. but...if your predator isnt finding any codes, i kind of doubt their cel scan tool would work any better. but...who knows.

What he said. Unfortunatly I live in the land of no Autozones so that wouldnt be an option. I wouldnt think their tool would pick it up either.

BWH2003

Established Member
I believe the predator cant read all the codes that a shop's handheld can. I had a code come up before that the predator did not show. Drove to our family's shop and used the genesis handheld and it led me right to the problem. I would think that you should take it to a shop, autozone, etc and have them read the codes.

Good luck

BWH2003

Established Member
I read your post and I understand you live in the UK but I find it hard to believe you dont have a shop or parts place that would have a OBD II scanner of some sort. Thus, I put shop, etc.....

We cant help you other than that. If you cant find a place then ship your computer to the States and one of us can scan it. Thats about it unfortunately as the predator seems to not work.

1983camhead

SVTCapri
Established Member
Did ya try putting the o/r pipe back on and see if it goes away? If the MIL is on there is a fault- I agree with the other fellas- you need to find a good code reader to figure it out. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread