cheater caught. what to do?

dead man walkin

Established Member
OK not a woman a camaro driver.. so in Texas every summer we have a Friday night drags at Texas motor speedway. Race week 3,4, and 5 were won in the sportsman class (allegedly stock) by him, he is member at camaro5 "sasquash 1984" running heads, cam, tune, headers, rear end, cai, and other items he admits to here Texas Motor Speedway? - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
Is not stock... and sad he has to cheat that badly to win.. I spoke to other camaro members that said they want to turn him in... should I rat him to Texas motor speedway officials? Rat him out on his you tube posts?? There is no money involved but tickets, trophies etc...

Kiohtee

Established Member
Maybe I don't know enough about this class or whatever, but how can he really have all that work done and still trap the normal stock ET and MPH? Even if he was sandbagging you would easily be able to tell, especially with exhaust.

Either way turn him in IMO, but first explain to me whatever it is I'm missing. Because if the class is as cut and dry as it sounds, and the officials are really that ignorant not to notice, then I'd probably find a different track. Someone please enlighten me.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
What are the rules of the sportsman class? How did u find out or why do you care so much anyways? What is the rest of background story?

Kiohtee

Established Member
What are the rules of the sportsman class? How did u find out or why do you care so much anyways? What is the rest of background story?

If you don't care that you get beat by someone running in a class because they're dishonest, you're in the wrong hobby. I mean, I'm only assuming OP runs in the Sportsman class based on how his post was worded, but I feel it's a safe assumption. :dw:

Friday Night Drags - "Foreign and domestic cars with stock body, 8 cylinders, naturally aspirated. All control arms, shocks and springs must be in stock location. NO cutting of inner or rear fender wells (only outside can be rolled). NO engine modification allowed. NO factory turbo or superchargers allowed. NO drag radials or slicks."

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you aint cheatin you aint tryin.

But really, tell the officials and let them sort it out. No point in causing a grudge if you just want them to play by the rules.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Off topic: Damn you post a lot

On Topic: Confront him privately with out being accusing. Take it from there based on his reaction

dead man walkin

Established Member
Off topic: I post a lot.... a member since 2007 and 8 posts? OK story behind that.... its long ... too long for this..

On topic: out of the 7 classes that one is the most fun because it seperates the good drivers from the bad , unless you cheat . The tech inspection will look over cai and axle back and we all agree that's OK and you have to assume everyone is tuned... but if you want to add headers and cam and swap rear ends and after market heads... that's the outlaw class but he's not good enough for that class, so he cheats in the lower class. And no its not personal because I haven't run him , but I have a problem with people cheating in this class... last year was a vette running a sneaky Pete nitrous set up

Camaro94 and snake this is the setup he's running, I assume this is a cheater cam in that car. http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/mer...=L280026710&Category_Code=C419&Store_Code=LPE

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Kiohtee

Established Member
I listened to a few clips on YouTube... It's not really noticeable.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Ran in the Drag n Brag during week three. Ive met sasquash 1984 but i never got to run him. I made it to the semi finals where i was edged out by a yellow LS3 corvette as far as i know was running an intake.

The drag and brag is over for the year and IMHO they wont do anything about it if you were to rat him out. They will give you the "fun" speech.

for reference these were the races that night.

[youtube_browser]iTUsqpCP4mE[/youtube_browser]

EDIT: id like to race this camaro.

Last edited:

dead man walkin

Established Member
Well in the 1/4 you should get him... his best is a 12.3 , I met a bunch of the local camaro 5 guys in our area before I was banned

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He runs in a restricted class and there is absolutely no inspection done by track officials? Isn't that just inviting people to cheat?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I looked all over my house and garage, couldn't ind any care.

Users who are viewing this thread