Cheapest way to achieve 2013 HP and TQ rating in a 11-12 GT500

blknredsnake

Established Member
As the title says but starting with a bone stock gt500, all supporting mods included in the cost. Would it be a new supercharger or would it be a pulley route?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Purchase the '13 supercharger, intake, exhaust, tune. Done.

That will make the power- then you'll need a whole crap load of suspension mods, and tires.

Kimcobra

Established Member
all depends on what you want to spend, You can get the 1213 supercharger from FRPP with 2.40 pulley,TB, belt and elbow and you are close..or get the VMP TVS package and surpass..like I said all depends on the $$4 you want to spend.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I say VMP TVS the best mod for the 11-12 GT500! Great Power and very reasonable price. Love mine, spring can not come any sooner!

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Now that you kinda get the idea: offroad x-pipe, pulley w/ idler, tune, tuner, CAI, power adders. Time to do some research and compare prices. My car was bone stock when I bought it. I also had some knowledge on modding so it was easier for me to figure out.

Check out Lethal performance, Revan Racing, VMP tuning to name a few and have fun!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
As the title says but starting with a bone stock gt500, all supporting mods included in the cost. Would it be a new supercharger or would it be a pulley route?
The pulley route would be the cheapest way to duplicate 2013 performance levels. Not really that close.

The setup listed below has achieved 578 RWHP and 549 RWTQ in a 2007 GT500. Add a 10-15% lower pulley and you're looking at in the neighborhood of 600/600 to the wheels which is comparable to the 2013's stock.

Posi ported M-122 Eaton........................($500)
Posi ported OEM throttle body & plenum..($85)
Autoliberte 2.40" upper pulley................($160)
JLT CAI...............................................($300)
Magnaflow axle back mufflers.................($423)
Lethal off-road X pipe...........................($200)
NGK TRG plugs at .032.........................($20)

(10-15% lower pulley).......................... ($600)
Total...................$2,288

The least expensive aftermarket blower option would look something like this:

2013 Eaton TVS....................................($2,200)
NGK TRG plugs at .032......................... ($20)
Total...................$2,843

Noting that the 2011-12's should not need the JLT CAI and also that this just represents the "cheapest" approach to 600/600. The replies above may indicate perhaps the wisest way to achieve these numbers because the TVS route is such a great platform to exceed the 2013 power levels, (unless the 2013 fella decides to mod as well!!!).

Last edited:

DaFreak

Established Member
Agree with terp. If you do the math, pulleys and cai get u there the cheapest.

The pulley route would be the cheapest way to duplicate 2013 performance levels. Not really that close.

The setup listed below has achieved 578 RWHP and 549 RWTQ in a 2007 GT500. Add a 10-15% lower pulley and you're looking at in the neighborhood of 600/600 to the wheels which is comparable to the 2013's stock.

Posi ported M-122 Eaton........................($500)
Posi ported OEM throttle body & plenum..($85)
Autoliberte 2.40" upper pulley................($160)
JLT CAI...............................................($300)
NGK TRG plugs at .032.........................($20)

(10-15% lower pulley).......................... ($600)
Total...................$2,288

The least expensive aftermarket blower option would look something like this:

2013 Eaton TVS....................................($2,200)
NGK TRG plugs at .032......................... ($20)
Total...................$2,843

Noting that the 2011-12's should not need the JLT CAI and also that this just represents the "cheapest" approach to 600/600. The replies above may indicate perhaps the wisest way to achieve these numbers because the TVS route is such a great platform to exceed the 2013 power levels, (unless the 2013 fell decides to mod as well!!!).

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Ironterp is right, pulleys will be the cheapest. Mods in my sig are with an upper only and a very similar setup. Tvs would cost a little more and eventually require fuel mods but would be the best approach. Unless you can say with certainty 600/600 will keep you happy which none of us can.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'll hop in:
"Cheapest" way to +/- 600 is IronTerp's recipe. From significant dyno and track time I can tell you the greatest benefit of that configuration is "up top" in the rpm range. More flow, more hp. Not a lot more power, but certainly more and slightly cooler temps. You will NOT see the massive torque increases over stock that you will with a TVS. You must use a 10% lower damper to garner the torque increases. You do not need a "lower" to see huge, useful, street and track-happy torque increases with a TVS.

Anything above and beyond very low 600s in uncharted territory for the ported route.

With a TVS.... any 2.3L....you're a quick mod away from more power: smaller upper pulley, throttle body/cold air combo etc.

As for which TVS, I sent the OP a message comparing the Ford and VMP TVS Superchargers. Dollar for dollar, spec for spec, tune and support commitment and warranty coverage makes the choice obvious.

Who's going to answer that call or email when you're stuck on an install on a Sunday afternoon?

VMP Superchargers does the R&D, countless dyno and track hours of data acquisition and real world results, builds, installation and specific custom tuning.

Sometimes "cheapest" isn't. Sometimes "cheapest" is exactly that.

And I'm the guy you're going to reach when you need an answer. I guarantee it.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
i'll hop in:
"cheapest" way to +/- 600 is ironterp's recipe. From significant dyno and track time i can tell you the greatest benefit of that configuration is "up top" in the rpm range. More flow, more hp. Not a lot more power, but certainly more and slightly cooler temps. You will not see the massive torque increases over stock that you will with a tvs. You must use a 10% lower damper to garner the torque increases. You do not need a "lower" to see huge, useful, street and track-happy torque increases with a tvs.

Anything above and beyond very low 600s in uncharted territory for the ported route.

With a tvs.... Any 2.3l....you're a quick mod away from more power: Smaller upper pulley, throttle body/cold air combo etc.

As for which tvs, i sent the op a message comparing the ford and vmp tvs superchargers. Dollar for dollar, spec for spec, tune and support commitment and warranty coverage makes the choice obvious.

Who's going to answer that call or email when you're stuck on an install on a sunday afternoon?

Vmp superchargers does the r&d, countless dyno and track hours of data acquisition and real world results, builds, installation and specific custom tuning.

Sometimes "cheapest" isn't. Sometimes "cheapest" is exactly that.

And i'm the guy you're going to reach when you need an answer. I guarantee it.

Bj

please reach me via email at [email protected] as opposed to pm. Thanks.

+1

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I bolted on the VMP TVS kit with the e-mail tune and was making 625+ rwhp and tq still with the stock throttle body and mass air. Did some custom tuning with Justin and added the Lethal OR/X pipe and was making 670/660 with the same setup. Just last week we did a dyno day and with Tony Gonyons tune I was making 675/660 at the wheels. The VMP TVS is a killer combo.....

It daily drives like a stock car but at WOT hold the fawk on!!!!!! The Goodyear G2's have zero chance.....:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread