Cheap Weekend Warrior and Daily Driver- N20>Supercharger? Who can bust 6s in the 1/8?

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
5C isn't bad, love mine! I have 2 friends with 4c's. One of them is running 6.80's on a 100 shot and that's on 18" wheels with a radial.

Man, Your times in your sig NA is crazy too. I wished I could keep it NA so I didn't have to hear all the "bet you wont run me off the bottle" bs.

Your friend on the 100 shot, do you know what his mods are? Is it mostly stock with a converter with nitrous? If he did E85 and a 150 shot, I would assume he would be in the low 6s.. Which would be incredible.

Big Q

Established Member
OP, why not give someone like Circle D a call and tell them your goals and mods and I'm sure they will be able to recommend a converter for your needs?

highpsi615

Established Member
3c converter/ lethal orx/ boss intake/ nx 150 and nearly no suspension and the car goes 10.80's/125-126 7.0-6.9/ 100-102 everytime. Its been a bit faster as well. Car is on a 17" radial, full weight premium car and only 60's about 1.55-1.62. Never put huge effort into it because the kit was just a hold out while I saved for the turbo kit thats going on it.

1quick

Established Member
11 seconds would be devastating to me if I spent that much money, *for what I'm trying to do*. Regardless, It's solid times, but the local Camaros would be gapping me up with a 7.4. Them LS motors take a lot of nitrous, and they're not scared of it either...

Anyone using a stall + nitrous? What type of stall are you using?

Anyone using nitrous + stock converter, how are you doing it, and whats your 60'?

On my stock converter I was stalling to 1500-1700 on the foot brake and hitting it, pretty consistent 1.6 60's on a 100 shot, I'm going to do a window switch now that I have a converter and use my Trans brake to launch on

awestmo

Established Member
*Edit*

A centrifugal set up will be a little easier to get in to the 10s than a TVS. However, a good TVS set up will get you there too.
Disagree. With a centri you'll need a converter.

I went 10.4 @ 132 off the trailer. Roush TVS, e85, cat deletes, auto, and a stock converter.

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
OP, why not give someone like Circle D a call and tell them your goals and mods and I'm sure they will be able to recommend a converter for your needs?

I'm just in the planning stages. I don't want to call and be "sold" on anything just yet. Kind've like how you can call American Muscle and inquire on a throttle body spacer, and they'll tell you its the best thing since its sliced bread...

3c converter/ lethal orx/ boss intake/ nx 150 and nearly no suspension and the car goes 10.80's/125-126 7.0-6.9/ 100-102 everytime. Its been a bit faster as well. Car is on a 17" radial, full weight premium car and only 60's about 1.55-1.62. Never put huge effort into it because the kit was just a hold out while I saved for the turbo kit thats going on it.

1.5x 60' is all I would want honestly. What is your location/DA? I've seen/heard of cars running low 10s with similar setups. (Not to be negative, your times are impressive). I know its a selling point, but I seen the bama car with basically the same mods and no stall run a 10.43 in the 1/4 I believe...

On my stock converter I was stalling to 1500-1700 on the foot brake and hitting it, pretty consistent 1.6 60's on a 100 shot, I'm going to do a window switch now that I have a converter and use my Trans brake to launch on

What was your 1/4 or 1/8 times? I take it you was blasting it out the hole, who did the tune for you?

1quick

Established Member
I'm just in the planning stages. I don't want to call and be "sold" on anything just yet. Kind've like how you can call American Muscle and inquire on a throttle body spacer, and they'll tell you its the best thing since its sliced bread...

1.5x 60' is all I would want honestly. What is your location/DA? I've seen/heard of cars running low 10s with similar setups. (Not to be negative, your times are impressive). I know its a selling point, but I seen the bama car with basically the same mods and no stall run a 10.43 in the 1/4 I believe...

What was your 1/4 or 1/8 times? I take it you was blasting it out the hole, who did the tune for you?

11.2 1/4 7.2 8th spraying out of the hole, Lund tune only other mods where off road h jlt intake and et street pro's

dennisn

Established Member
I ran a 4c with a 100 shot and it worked pretty well. 1.49-1.50 60's. 10.5. Now that was full bolt ons, cams e85. So take that in consideration.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Man, Your times in your sig NA is crazy too. I wished I could keep it NA so I didn't have to hear all the "bet you wont run me off the bottle" bs.

Your friend on the 100 shot, do you know what his mods are? Is it mostly stock with a converter with nitrous? If he did E85 and a 150 shot, I would assume he would be in the low 6s.. Which would be incredible.

Long tubes, no cats, 3.27 gear,don't remember which intake, tune, and on 93.

Users who are viewing this thread