Cheap ways to gain HP

Murphy153

Established Member
Looking to add some horses but don't wanna spend too much $$$ . Any ideas ? I was thinking adding a throttle body's any ideas ?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Negative on the throttle body. If you don't have an exhaust get an O/R X pipe, around same price, more power from it and awesome sound.

SVTContique

Looking to add some horses but don't wanna spend too much $$$ . Any ideas ? I was thinking adding a throttle body's any ideas ?

TB is one of the worst bang for your buck mods.

Honestly, and this is going to sound dumb, but a blower is the best... or nitrous. But then again... whole new bag.

IMO. Everything else only adds such minimal power, go big or go home.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
^^^ haha you are lieng about the pricey part lol. I was told the same thing; install ripped my left nut off at $400, the install kit, t lok rebuild kit, gears, speed cal, RP= aproximately $900.

Worth it though, took on a mach 1 and won lol.

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
^^^ haha you are lieng about the pricey part lol. I was told the same thing; install ripped my left nut off at $400, the install kit, t lok rebuild kit, gears, speed cal, RP= aproximately $900.

Really with 4:10's what other mods and what mods to Mach?

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
I wouldn't recommend that for a near-stock street motor. The low end torque sacrifice isn't worth the small peak horsepower gains.

You won't lose much if any torque if the tuner knows what they are doing. And I have seen gains of 15-25 rwhp gains on cars with intakes and a good tune and up to 30 rwhp around 7000 rpm.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member

I got mine done for $5-600 including install, gears, new axel bearings, and everything else to go along with it. But the guy also gave me a discount since we are buddies...

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Really with 4:10's what other mods and what mods to Mach?

4:10's, o/r x, sct tuner.

Mach 1: stock gears, K&N drop in filter, o/r x, flows, polished heads. He polished the heads since he was rebuilding his motor.

97 Cobra gets the win by 1-2 cars from a 50 roll to about 115.

I've been meaning to post the kill which happened 2 weeks ago. I might just post it now, since I finally got the time to do it. I'll have to put my flame suit on lol

I got mine done for $5-600 including install, gears, new axel bearings, and everything else to go along with it. But the guy also gave me a discount since we are buddies...

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I wouldn't recommend that for a near-stock street motor. The low end torque sacrifice isn't worth the small peak horsepower gains.

15-20rwhp with very little loss of tq...sounds like a good mod to me.

Serously, 4.10 gears and a short runner will make it a diffferent car. You can even keep your IMRCs.

Last edited:

1989Gt.

Banned
4:10's, o/r x, sct tuner.

Mach 1: stock gears, K&N drop in filter, o/r x, flows, polished heads. He polished the heads since he was rebuilding his motor.

97 Cobra gets the win by 1-2 cars from a 50 roll to about 115.

I've been meaning to post the kill which happened 2 weeks ago. I might just post it now, since I finally got the time to do it. I'll have to put my flame suit on lol

Post the vid!

Users who are viewing this thread