Cheap forged rods? Made in China? 2 piece rods that are welded?

Badasssapper67

Established Member
Been thinking about getting a blower and what all that would take. Was pricing forged rods when I came across CHEAP rods without names of makers. One add on ebay mentioned I beam rods being made in two pieces, "to ensure the proper flow of the grain" and welded together.

Im no mechanical engineer but that sounded like a cheap excuse to do it cheap not like a reason they're doing it right. Some really cheap rods are actually marketed by Manley but they still give me a bad vibe. Am I paranoid or are really cheap forged rods make out of pot iron in China?

If anyone has experience either good or bad with forged rods replies would be appreciated. Mindless dribble about getting what you pay for is not required find another way to expose your low iq.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Well, not really "you get what you pay for" dribble, but if they were as good as a more expensive unit, then why would a manufacturer not be utilizing the cheaper product to pocket more profit? Personally, I would pay a bit extra just for the piece of mind if I were building a motor.

green99_svt

Established Member
You won't find too many people in here running those no name rods. With a brand name you get the product testing and user reviews so you can be confident they will hold the power they are rated at. With the no names it's a crap shoot could be good and more than likely not so good. Would you spend a few hundred extra to know the engine is not going to let go?

Last edited:

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
The question is why would you even be considering putting cheap no name internals in. I get trying to save money but a motor isn't the place to do it. Cheap, fast, and reliable choose 2. If it's cheap it ain't reliable. If it fast it ain't cheap.

Zemedici

Established Member
The question is why would you even be considering putting cheap no name internals in. I get trying to save money but a motor isn't the place to do it. Cheap, fast, and reliable choose 2. If it's cheap it ain't reliable. If it fast it ain't cheap.

Bingo.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have a set of modmax stroker H-beams for sale. Used but with arp2000 rod bolts. 5850 length

Badasssapper67

Established Member
I totally agree with budget heart surgery, but I was wondering, who's buying these? There was a shot that a big name company sources them out from a manufacturer and these are cutting out the middle man but there is NO brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread