Cheap ebay seats. Anyone try these?

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
Those sure don't look too bad. I definitely agree about the harness cut outs though. Also kind of funny to me that the shipping price is almost as much as the seats are lol

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Awhile ago I swore I saw a video on youtube of somebody crash testing the no name seats and they all performed terribly.

I'll be damned if I can find it now though.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I have some. They're Corbeau A4 knockoffs that were like $300 total. The harness cutouts don't look like a donkey's ass though. They're actually pretty comfortable too!

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Have them on my fox. I bought them new locally, the brackets didn't work I had to modify the stock ones, one seat broke (drivers) it wouldn't stay straight (support frame broke). Went n they gave me a new one. There cheap you get what you pay for they were decent for my Fox. Now there all discolored.

Broke

Established Member
I wouldn't trust them for my safely. Save your money for the real deal and piece of mind.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
safety would be my first concern. and with that, I would be buying name brand seats from a reputable outlet.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
My buddy mike has a set in his foxbody..
They are plain black and are terrible.
A wot run broke the locking mechanism.
. Paxton 306 car so if you had a termi i definitely wouldn't trust it.

racerbox77

Established Member
I'm going with Corbeau GTS11 seats. I already bought their brackets that sit 1" lower than their normal ones. Was just curious if anyone had tried these.

These are what I'll be ordering. Leather with suede inserts.
................ I guess Tapatalk isn't allowing me to post pics right now. Oh well. Here's the link
http://www.google.com/search?q=Corb...AQ&biw=360&bih=588&sei=JMYzUYLkMYT-9QTRxYDQCA

Sent from me

Last edited:

HIonPSI

Established Member
My buddy tossed some cheapo seats like that off ebay in his 240 while we practiced our drifting skills :lol1: Never will I spend money for seats off ebay unless they are a known brand..these were junk (locks failed, we actually bent one..) and I wouldnt trust them in a 5mph crash with a shopping cart.

Definitely spend the extra cash on proven seats.

Users who are viewing this thread