Cheap Custom flame paint job '96 Cobra

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I just took this on trade.
The guy had this and a '03 cobra (this was his D.D.) and needed something with better gas mileage.
Odometer reads 73,199 miles but it is a TMU vehicle.

1996 Cobra

Custom flame paint job
Lowered 2 inches
Flomaster Cat-back
Off road H-pipe (causing CEL from no tune or Mils)
98 COBRA Wheels

Not perfect, but does turn heads and sounds good.
Black leather...

Will be going to auction in a few days.
$6,000

Located in Clarksville, IN

Last edited:

02SVTV6

Established Member
Those are not Cobra Rs. They are 98 Cobra wheels. Difference being they don't look as good.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally Posted by 02SVTV6
Those are not Cobra Rs. They are 98 Cobra wheels. Difference being they don't look as good.

Nice catch. Surprised I didnt catch that 1

You can still edit the post.

The main difference is the width is only 8" and the real Cobra Rs are 17x9, the spokes being curved more allows them to be the only 17x8 Cobra wheel that will work with 2000 Cobra R Brembo calipers.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
POSITIVE COMMENT - I really like the flames. It is even better because they are on a sticker that you can peal off. I like how they are custom and perfectly straight like real flames. The car looks flaming, and I am sure it will be a hot seller, no pun intended.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Sorry guys, but they are not decals. (verified)
Yes they are '98 cobra wheels (original post edited)
Checked the CEL today, it is from it not having cats and no Mils or tune.

The TMU is from the very common odometer gear (a very very large portion of SN-95 owners have had to replace theirs, this one is no different, the guy just didnt know any better before he traded it)

I've replaced mine, its a very very cheap part and able to be done in under an hour.

Saturday Bump

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I have to know how the sale of this car turned out. I suspect I am the one that caused it to sell poorly. If I wouldnt have pointed out the stickers, nobody would have known. Sorry.

mustang3X

Established Member
I have to know how the sale of this car turned out. I suspect I am the one that caused it to sell poorly. If I wouldnt have pointed out the stickers, nobody would have known. Sorry.

You didn't cause it to "sell poorly" the way the car looked caused it to sell poorly.

Fugly graphics, paint issues inside the deck lid, paint worn on the rear fascia, yellowed headlamps, CEL is on, If the owner wasn't taking care of the issues you can see, you can only imagine what was being neglected that you can't see.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
You didn't cause it to "sell poorly" the way the car looked caused it to sell poorly.

Fugly graphics, paint issues inside the deck lid, paint worn on the rear fascia, yellowed headlamps, CEL is on, If the owner wasn't taking care of the issues you can see, you can only imagine what was being neglected that you can't see.

Huh, well the seller got all pissed that I ruined his for sale thread. Looks to me like it is hard to sell a piece of shit with flames on it. Glad I didnt have anything to do with that.:xpl:

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
Last I saw it brought about $1650. It was a good deal for someone that has a huge eraser wheel and a sandblaster.

Users who are viewing this thread