Charger Widebody release

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Gotcha. Seems like it would be a pain to get serviced at a Toyota dealership when you got a subie engine. Its going to be even worse for the Supra guys with a BMW engine
Should be the fly on the wall at a GM dealer when the Geo Prizms go for service.

I worked at a Honda dealer when I was getting my start in the industry, and imagine how shocked I was when I got a repair order for an oil change on a Honda Passport. Walked to parts, got my oil filter pulled and came right back when I realized it was an Isuzu filter.

That was the day I learned that there was lying in my industry on an industrial scale, lmao.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Sooo you take a car and slap some bolt on flares...

But your crying foul because "All dodge did was take a car and slap on some flares"

I aint crying about shit. Im happy dodge is killing it with the widebody cars. You got me confused with someone else. 6k is a hell of a deal for the addons

Edit: you got me confused with Ssj4Sadie Raptor driving ass.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Should be the fly on the wall at a GM dealer when the Geo Prizms go for service.

I worked at a Honda dealer when I was getting my start in the industry, and imagine how shocked I was when I got a repair order for an oil change on a Honda Passport. Walked to parts, got my oil filter pulled and came right back when I realized it was an Isuzu filter.

That was the day I learned that there was lying in my industry on an industrial scale, lmao.

I worked at a GM dealer for about a year back in 99-2001. The crap that came through with GM parts was interesting to say the least. Especially when it had a SAAB logo on it

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not upset, just pointing out that simply putting flares does not make a car widebody.

Do you think the tailgate applique on F-150s is just a stick-on? The answer is no, it is a different tailgate designed to keep the applique on as opposed to the non-applique versions. Which is what those fenders are on the HC. They are made that way to give the fender flares something to hold onto.

Go re-read what he posted, his direct comparison to calling the New Edge a "widebody SN95" as being the same as the HC Fender Flare edition and then bringing in other examples is only an attempt to legitimize calling it a widebody. I'm not arguing that the flares are allowing larger wheels/tires and it enhances performance. I'm arguing Dodge's use of the term widebody.
That things is ****ing hideous with those shit flares.

This is a proper widebody.View attachment 1582580

It’s a wide body, man. You might not like the way it looks and that is your prerogative. But it is in fact a wide body, not some stick one flares, like you suggest.

My94GT

Established Member
Not upset, just pointing out that simply putting flares does not make a car widebody.

Do you think the tailgate applique on F-150s is just a stick-on? The answer is no, it is a different tailgate designed to keep the applique on as opposed to the non-applique versions. Which is what those fenders are on the HC. They are made that way to give the fender flares something to hold onto.

Go re-read what he posted, his direct comparison to calling the New Edge a "widebody SN95" as being the same as the HC Fender Flare edition and then bringing in other examples is only an attempt to legitimize calling it a widebody. I'm not arguing that the flares are allowing larger wheels/tires and it enhances performance. I'm arguing Dodge's use of the term widebody.
That things is ****ing hideous with those shit flares.

This is a proper widebody.View attachment 1582580

And raptors have large fender flairs that as well clip on

My94GT

Established Member
Let’s also not forget the bumper covers that were completely revised to accommodate those “stuck on” flairs.

You know when I think about it there aren’t many cars from any brand that I see roll through the body shops I’ve ran that don’t incorporate plenty of clip on or stuck on exterior trim panels.

A lot of people don’t seem to know how cars are built these days in here and it really shows lol

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Rocket Bunny F150

ford-f-150_100639123_l.jpg

My94GT

Established Member
Which ones look better, the first 10 with the bolt-on / rivet-on fender flares or the last 8 with the "integrated" widebody fenders?

The 10 Sickest Widebody Car Kits (8 We'd Avoid With A Ten-Foot Pole)

And yeah... all those RWB 911s are just fender flares "slapped on" so he can call them wide body 911s...

Really not a fan of any of them. I hate the exposed mounting hardware. Seriously it’s not hard to embed some threads from the back side and actually bolt to a panel.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
And raptors have large fender flairs that as well clip on
Is anyone arguing that fact? Ford didn't market the Raptor as a widebody F-150 because of the flares, no it's a widebody comparative to a regular F-150 because the actual fenders are wider.

Let’s also not forget the bumper covers that were completely revised to accommodate those “stuck on” flairs.

You know when I think about it there aren’t many cars from any brand that I see roll through the body shops I’ve ran that don’t incorporate plenty of clip on or stuck on exterior trim panels.

A lot of people don’t seem to know how cars are built these days in here and it really shows lol
Completely revised bumper? LOL that is a good one. The fact is Dodge utilized fender flares to gain extra space for the wheels/tires and calling it a widebody is disingenuous. Would a base C6 with fender flares be considered a widebody (regardless of how they're attached)? I bet there are plenty of C6Z06 owners that would laugh at the claim.

Let’s not forget this PIECE OF SHIT, bolt on flare wanna be wide body TURD.... dafuq were they thinking???

View attachment 1582590
I have no clue what that is, doesn't look bad. But you are conflating my ire with the term widebody and performance. I never said the HC Fender Flare edition wouldn't perform.

Man Dodge marketing is really killing it, it has all you guys going crazy over fender flares. Impressive.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Is anyone arguing that fact? Ford didn't market the Raptor as a widebody F-150 because of the flares, no it's a widebody comparative to a regular F-150 because the actual fenders are wider.

Completely revised bumper? LOL that is a good one. The fact is Dodge utilized fender flares to gain extra space for the wheels/tires and calling it a widebody is disingenuous. Would a base C6 with fender flares be considered a widebody (regardless of how they're attached)? I bet there are plenty of C6Z06 owners that would laugh at the claim.

I have no clue what that is, doesn't look bad. But you are conflating my ire with the term widebody and performance. I never said the HC Fender Flare edition wouldn't perform.

Man Dodge marketing is really killing it, it has all you guys going crazy over fender flares. Impressive.

Okay man, we get it. You don’t like the look and therefore want to shit on the car.

No way that after all the information that has been spit your way, you still fail to realize that the wide body HC is more than just stick on flares. No way you can’t grasp that.

My94GT

Established Member

It doesn’t matter how ford did or didn’t market it, the fact is it utilizes the same concept.

Again the flairs are part of the body unless you now don’t consider bolt on parts body panels in which that really makes a puzzle of things.

Yes you are very much correct, dodge is killing it with marketing because people are spending this much time debating the definition of “wide body” which obviously is open to interpretation.

I couldn’t care less what they call it for any brand, personally I like what I like which in this instance is the hell cat and raptors too (though they sound like a wet duck fart)

Users who are viewing this thread