changing up fuel system ditching the A1000 could use some input!

keith89

Established Member
"Lightbulb!" Make much more sense now to me this seams like a great place to start and just see if it corrects my issue especially since I can just run down the street and pick up what I need and worse case scenario I'm out 50-75 bux for for a couple new fittings and a short section of new hose and to make sure I'll be running this right I'm going to have my feed line run to the back of both rails, cap off the fronts then have the feed continue to one side of the reg to be returned to the tank and cap the other side of the reg? Also what size vent do you have on your tank I may get a bigger one I currently have a 3/8" vent

That is correct. I have T fittings at the back of each rail and a fuel feed line to each T and both T's exit to the regulator. I wish i had a photo readily available. I did not change the vent size but it may help as well.

quick88lx

Established Member
from massachusettes/ staioned in louisiana
ezeha2e8.jpg

Well changed it over seams like it will work I will defiantly say the boost reference rise in pressure seams to be more responsive and If this does work it also has the advantage of being a cleaner install going to go drive around and try to get some heat into it and see how it fairs will update tonight

quick88lx

Established Member
well some thunderstorms rolled through and cooled the air and ground quite a bit so i cant quite be 100% positive that the change fixed my problem but im pretty confident that it did ive been doing everything i can to try and get heat into the fuel system and its staying with ambient temperature so hopefully tomorrow will be a hot one to really push it to the limit!

keith89

Established Member
well some thunderstorms rolled through and cooled the air and ground quite a bit so i cant quite be 100% positive that the change fixed my problem but im pretty confident that it did ive been doing everything i can to try and get heat into the fuel system and its staying with ambient temperature so hopefully tomorrow will be a hot one to really push it to the limit!

That was a quick change lol. good job. I guess you could have measured fuel pump and sump temperatures before and after the change. Right now my feed line is on the passenger side and return on the driver's side. I have the regulator bolted to the driver's side valve cover. I'm thinking of moving it over to he passenger side so i can have the feed and return lines all run on the passenger side and limit their path through the hot engine bay. For now, this has solved my fueling issues and hopefully yours as well.

quick88lx

Established Member
Lol ive gotten pretty quick at assembling hoses. Pump temps via lazer therm. Were in the 130s when I was having issues since it cooled down for the day after the storm passed through I did bother as the results would have been skewed. Will try again tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread