Ceramic coated

CobraG

Established Member
I got my car ceramic coated. Took almost two weeks to get it back, but it's beautiful! There was a small area of paint missing on one of the rear stripes by the bumper so they ordered two new stripes from Ford. Anyway, they did a great job! I love it! Shelby drivers side.jpgShelby front III.jpgShelby hood.jpgShelby tail lights.jpg

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I got my car ceramic coated. Took almost two weeks to get it back, but it's beautiful! There was a small area of paint missing on one of the rear stripes by the bumper so they ordered two new stripes from Ford. Anyway, they did a great job! I love it!View attachment 1798641View attachment 1798642View attachment 1798643View attachment 1798644
Looks beautiful!

Are these cars notorious for having bad paint/chipping easily?

I bought mine used and it has a few chips on it, but I could swear in the 6 weeks I've had it, there are a couple new ones?

Is that why some get theirs ceramic coated?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Looks beautiful!

I bought mine used and it has a few chips on it, but I could swear in the 6 weeks I've had it, there are a couple new ones?

It sure seems the paint is more brittle, at least it was on my 13 Grabber Blue. There would be small chips in places where rocks would normally not hit. Like in between the door jams.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
It sure seems the paint is more brittle, at least it was on my 13 Grabber Blue. There would be small chips in places where rocks would normally not hit. Like in between the door jams.

Yes, there are some on the side where I wouldn’t think rocks would hit and even the back.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks beautiful!

Ceramic coating doesn't protect the paint from stone chips. For that, you need PPF. Ceramic coating makes it easier to clean and care for your car's paint.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ceramic coating doesn't protect the paint from stone chips. For that, you need PPF. Ceramic coating makes it easier to clean and care for your car's paint.
This.

Also, you want to run front Jaeger bros. rock guards (I installed mine at the dealer on delivery) and I personally like the Roush side and rear splitters to finish the ‘13-14 specific front.
Also for all ‘14 MY Mustangs they changed the plant to water based paint system. I ordered my ‘14 in Feb ‘13 and delivery June ‘13 so I was aware of the paint change but the paint on my ‘14 is great.
Might be able to see the front ‘mud flaps’ here in some photos but also can see how the side splitters tie in the body to that sweet front.
-J
IMG_0747.jpeg
IMG_3139.jpeg
IMG_3605.png
IMG_5097.jpeg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
This.

Also, you want to run front Jaeger bros. rock guards (I installed mine at the dealer on delivery) and I personally like the Roush side and rear splitters to finish the ‘13-14 specific front.
Also for all ‘14 MY Mustangs they changed the plant to water based paint system. I ordered my ‘14 in Feb ‘13 and delivery June ‘13 so I was aware of the paint change but the paint on my ‘14 is great.
Might be able to see the front ‘mud flaps’ here in some photos but also can see how the side splitters tie in the body to that sweet front.
-JView attachment 1800520View attachment 1800521View attachment 1800522View attachment 1800523

The view of the splitters was being blocked by the wide, thick meats in picture #3
Great Pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread