Centri vs eaton, 2000 to spend

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
I have 2000 dollars to spend, and I'm looking at either an eaton swap or a centri(the 1500 vortech guide over on corral or modded mustangs or whatever)
My goal is 450 rear wheel, on an aluminator motor
Which one of these two options is feasible, including tune and minor fuel system upgrades, and which will get me closer to my goal
Thanks

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Piecing together the entire Eaton conversion can get expensive quick . Stock Eaton is good for over 450 rwhp though and 500+ ft/lbs.

Do you have a link for the $1500 Vortech ? Some centrifugal blowers are better than others for that hp goal you have.

But I will tell you that $2000 is a pretty low budget. Tuning time is very expensive. Average I've seen is $500-$1000 for a reputable tuner

95mustang_gt

Established Member
its going to be hard to get either of those blowers setups up for 2000. This stuff gets expensive real quick,trust me. The vortech my be a little better due to your block internals.After 450 its a ticking time bomb.

tistan

Established Member
its going to be hard to get either of those blowers setups up for 2000. This stuff gets expensive real quick,trust me. The vortech my be a little better due to your block internals.After 450 its a ticking time bomb.

He did say he has an aluminator motor.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I spent damn near $1000 on my fuel upgrade and all I did was twin GT pumps and a Fore hat with the various supporting gear. All those little fittings and what not add up quick. I never felt like I was getting enough fuel when I had a Focus pump and a KB BAP. Your budget is LOW.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
200 shot of nitrous

/thread

tistan

Established Member
All you need for 450 rwhp is a ford gt pump and a bap and 03 cobra injectors. I bought my bap used for $125 injectors were $150 used and the pump cost me like $80 from Tousley. You can get non intercooled vortech kit for under $2k all day long, and my tuner charges me $250 for a tune. If you can get a used blower kit for a good price then $2k-2500 is my estimate of what you can buy into a blower for. Also, skip the eaton and just get a vortech with 4.10 gears, and you won't have to worry about missing the eatons low end power.

MLS

Established Member
$250 for a tune is unrealistic. A standard tune is around there, but a supercharged tune is usually $500+.

tistan

Established Member
Nothing unrealistic about it. Once a tuner has tuned a pretty common setup, all he has to do is load the file and make some minor adjustments to other cars like it. I've had my vortech superchaged cobra dyno tuned twice and my highly modded GTO a couple of times and he has always charge me $250. I've sent him 6 other friends and he charged all but one the same thing. The different one was a freshly built lightning with ported heads, cams, stall, fuel system using a ported eaton. He charged $350 to tune that one.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Centri. BUT you better save up more money. Kits go on here all the time for 2000-3500 bucks. Plus your fuel and a new maf and a tune. You might as well think 4000. You can do it for less than that but if you run into a problem and need a bit of cash you will have a little buffer money. But it wont happen for 2000... trust me I tried.

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
2,000 lol.

With all due respect, some of us are students who still enjoy modifying cars, and dont have access to the large budgets that someone like you does.

I have additional money in the bank, but really would not like to touch it, if the need arose I could, but I'd like to keep it around 2000-2500

Butterybunz

Established Member
Screw em both and go nitrous! :coolman:

Cost you under $750 for a full safe 75-100 wet shot plus bottle refills.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Your setting yourself up for failure with that budget. Nitrous seems like the best alternative. Skimping with a boosted setup usually doesnt end well.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're a student with only $2000 to spend forget forced induction. Including nitrous. Stick with bolt ons. Go wild after you graduate and have a spare car.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
With all due respect, some of us are students who still enjoy modifying cars, and dont have access to the large budgets that someone like you does.

I have additional money in the bank, but really would not like to touch it, if the need arose I could, but I'd like to keep it around 2000-2500

I'm a 22 year old college student, so I completely understand..however unless you end up with a couple REALLY good deals, and have someone willing to tune your car for a 12 pack, it's usually very un realistic for something like this to be wrapped up for 2,000 or under.

Users who are viewing this thread