centreforce clutch

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
anyone notice centrforce clutchs being more prone to harmonic resonances or vibrations? maybe because of thier counter weights?

stangsx2

Established Member
After blowing two ford clutches went to centerforce top of the line. No problems. Great pick.

chuckstang

Established Member
Well I went to a centerforce df and I have not like it at all, it makes all sorts of noises and vibrations and I think I even need a new tob. Worthless clutch for me but I don't doubt that it could work better...

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Yeah, it might make a little noise or be a little rough taking off but it sure does grab pretty darn good!!

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
I have avibration that starts at 2300 and follows all the way up both in neutral and driving.When driving you can feel it through the shifter not so much through the clutch pedal but its there! the trans shifts fine, changed the flywheel and checked imput shaft, vibe still there!! is what I'm feeling a trait of centreforce clutches?

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
just heard a faint irratic knocking from around the middle of the trans hope to clear this up soon thier have been periods of no vibe lately, like,10 min intervals, and I should also mention that the clutch is just barely boken in, whatever, it makes me think maybe its not the clutch I'm going to have the car put on a machine that can isolate vibs by reconizing thier harmonics hope its not to pricey!

Users who are viewing this thread