Central NJ, Motor help reputable tuner?

04svtNJ

Established Member
I am Located in Somerset, NJ. My motor is bone stock. Ready for some more power and to get the ball rolling with some mods. Was wondering of any reputable shops in NJ, where to go and what to ask? Any help would be beneficial.

Im interested in the basic bolt ons for the car, new pulley set up, have the car tuned/dynoed, a new spark plug setup for the tune (from what I've heard I will need), and any other mods required (ie cooling).

Just want to know how the process works. Do I buy the parts (such as the idler pulley set from Lethal Performance for example, and a basic SCT tuner)? Ask the shop to get what I need and install it? And any idea of what a pulley swap and tune setup from a shop will COST, which i know will be subjective?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me in advance.

I have heard of

-JDM : Freehold
-Crazy Horse : South Amboy?
-Krazy House Customs : South Brunswick which is close to where i live.

Last edited:

03cobra5485

Established Member
You can save a lot of money by buying the parts off of here and putting them on yourself, that way you don't get hit with labor charges..Get yourself a smaller upper pulley, an idler pulley to eliminate any belt slip, CAI or RAI, Exhaust and a MAFia or SCT-BA 2800. With that you'll be easily 430-470 rwhp depending on the tuner. Let me know if you've got any specific questions, and if ur willing to travel to PA there's a few great tuners here.

Last edited:
OP if I were you I'd take my business to Sansone Ford in Ocean and have your car tuned by Kevin@Wicked Motorsports. They handle everything in house. Part installation and tuning and can get the parts for you. They do fantastic work and Kevin Hand is one of the best tuners in America. You can contact Kevin directly at 732-904-9000.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
i go to sansone regularly for work. nice guys and a ton of high end mustangs there.

ill probably be there tomorrow.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
JDM does top notch work and tuning but be prepared for the bill! Gets expensive real fast. My saleen is a 400 hp / 400 tq at the wheels on pump gas, a conservative tune, and only 6-7 psi. No juice or meth. Stock short block, heads, and cam. So they do know their stuff.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Can I get the scoop on JDM please. They did my Saleen a few years back and all is well. But I haven't been there since 2007. Just curious cause I thought they had a good rep. No need for the secrecy guys.

gamebred26

Established Member
Travis at Sansone is an ok dude..Sansone is 5 min away from me and I drive over an hour to see Paul Vaughn. So you figure it out about Kevin.

Only thing negative I have heard about JDM is they are insane on pricing.

Don't forget Big Daddy. They know their shit. Def expensive and always backed up. But top notch.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
Travis at Sansone is an ok dude..Sansone is 5 min away from me and I drive over an hour to see Paul Vaughn. So you figure it out about Kevin.

Only thing negative I have heard about JDM is they are insane on pricing.

Don't forget Big Daddy. They know their shit. Def expensive and always backed up. But top notch.

Seems to me you have a hard on for me...so far Ive encountered 2 threads already with you basically dismissing me and my abilities. The majority of people recommending me all can't be wrong dude. I take my reputation and way of living very seriously. So lets figure you out rather than "so you figure it out about Kevin"

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Seems to me you have a hard on for me...so far Ive encountered 2 threads already with you basically dismissing me and my abilities. The majority of people recommending me all can't be wrong dude. I take my reputation and way of living very seriously. So lets figure you out rather than "so you figure it out about Kevin"

:bash:^This.

gamebred26

Established Member

No problem I was going to be nice. So I will tell the whole story. You're a cocky dick and to someone who doesn't know crap about cars you can prob fool in to just following your guidance. But not me.

Long story short I spent the better half of an afternoon and left there with the opinion you have no clue wtf you're talking about. You were rude...cocky..and seemed to be bothered by my questions about the car. Lol.

I formed my opinion about you from you. So there you go!

gamebred26

Established Member
I prob based it more on your personality...but wtvr. I got my car built by someone else done the way I wanted it and done right.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
No problem I was going to be nice. So I will tell the whole story. You're a cocky dick and to someone who doesn't know crap about cars you can prob fool in to just following your guidance. But not me.

Long story short I spent the better half of an afternoon and left there with the opinion you have no clue wtf you're talking about. You were rude...cocky..and seemed to be bothered by my questions about the car. Lol.

I formed my opinion about you from you. So there you go!

I run a small shop in Rockland county NY, Kevin and myself have a great work and race related relationship. Can he come off a little arrogant and cocky sure he can but being in the business for the last 15 years i have meet many of guys that are the same way, myself included depending on whats going on in the shop that day if you encounter a problem or having a bad day it can translate into coming off like a rude arrogant dick lol. Is it right that it happens no but sometimes your stressed and shit goes down hill quick.

Kevin and myself at first got off on the wrong foot from a misunderstood problem but after talking and straightening things out have many of the same opinions. He has tuned many of the cars i wrench on with great success. He has also gone a step further and on numerous occasions invited me down to spend the day there while a car i have worked on was on the dyno so i myself can have a better understanding of the tuning end of the industry. In fact a customers car that i wrench on is there right now to figure out a problem that i really don't have the diagnostic equipment to figure out and left me chasing my tail for 2 days. So to say that he has no clue about what he's talking about is just not correct IMHO, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. You obviously have yours and i have mine. Not looking to turn this into a pissing match just putting in my 2 cents.

04svtNJ,
Give Kevin a call direct at 732-904-9000 and talk to him directly about your goals he will steer you in the right direction. My only advise to you is to deal with Kevin directly since he will be the tuning your car and sometimes things can be lost in translation between a service writer a mechanic and the tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread