Central Florida tuner?

fruhdaddy

Established Member
Getting out of the Air Force this month and will be back to FL (Crystal River) in March. Looking for a good shop/tuner to do some work(pulley,headers,etc) and dyno tuning to the Lightning I just picked up. Im about 45 min north of Tampa and 45 min south of Gainesville. Any input is appreciated guys, thanks

fruhdaddy

Established Member
are they a complete shop? install what the sell type or just a dyno shop? thanks for the input

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
kesatie motorsports has my car at the moment for my full turbo build. He is a really good guy please give him a call 19415653297 tell him Zach sent you

SCMOKN

Established Member
Ramseys in Tampa did my KB install and tune, There is also Coastal performance in Tampa.

otownpj

Established Member
LaMotta for sure,

i would trust no one else with my cars. He does any and everything and also dyno tunes

fruhdaddy

Established Member
I think I will give Lamotta a try, gonna have them do a 4lb and sct tune to start. Thanks for the info

JpL4K3

Established Member
Lamotta just turned my 2002 3.8l to a 400whp car. Lamotta is excellent at what they do, and I was very pleased with the service. They built my entire engine. I had my car tuned though at VMP Tuning who just has more work tuning the 3.8 which is why I chose him to tune it.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Lamotta just turned my 2002 3.8l to a 400whp car. Lamotta is excellent at what they do, and I was very pleased with the service. They built my entire engine. I had my car tuned though at VMP Tuning who just has more work tuning the 3.8 which is why I chose him to tune it.

You bring up a good point. Jake doesn't do his own tuning.
Justin at VMP Tuning does all my tuning.
My car is currently at his shop.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^Yup, Justin does awesome tuning, and will install many parts, pulley swaps are no problem there.

spike_africa

Established Member
Justin at VMP tuned my car, my sisters, and tons of my friends cars.

Lamotta did my gear install and did a awesome job. Super great guys and had no problem answering my questions and dealing with my phone calls. He is a straight shooter and I could highly recommend him.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
so I gave Lamotta a call and its around $900 for a pulley,plugs, and a tune. I think that is alot of money for that little of a job. Cost my buddy $800 for a gear swap in his mustang. Im going to try a few more places to see what they say. Thanks for the info guys

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
so I gave Lamotta a call and its around $900 for a pulley,plugs, and a tune. I think that is alot of money for that little of a job. Cost my buddy $800 for a gear swap in his mustang. Im going to try a few more places to see what they say. Thanks for the info guys

Give Justin a call about the tune. You will be glad you did.
Plugs are easy and I have a pulley puller if you need help.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
^^^Pretty sure he's doing the lower being a L.

You can't do an upper on an L?
Is the lower the same configuration as a Terminator?
I have done a bunch of upper and lower swaps on Cobras and "assumed" they were the same.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
yeah its a lower pulley..I will give him a call this weekend. Im sure the plugs are not that bad just need a little room.I plan on cleaning my intercooler so I will just change them out when I clean that.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
You can't do an upper on an L?
Is the lower the same configuration as a Terminator?
I have done a bunch of upper and lower swaps on Cobras and "assumed" they were the same.

You can do an upper just alot of L owners go with the lower for belt slip reasons and more pounds of boost. From what Ive seen #2 is the most an upper will give.

Users who are viewing this thread