Centerforce DF....vibration?

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Bought this clutch package and will be ready to install it soon. Apparently I didn't Google the right combination of words when I started researching this setup, because I'm now seeing lots of reports of vibration attributed to the CF pressure plate. Haven't found any instances of Centerforce acknowledging the issue, with the only proper solution being to replace the p/p (not counting cutting the weighted ring off, which probably reduces the clamping force of the p/p a bit).
Unfortunately, the forum search function doesn't like "centerforce", so can anyone with a weighted CF pressure plate chime in with their experience?

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Take the Clutch(pressure plate and disc) and flywheel to a good machine shop and tell them you want it Zero balanced. They should balance each component individually then bolt it together and balance the assembly and mark it so you can put it in the car in the exact same way when they balanced it.

Cost me less than $100 and the car revs smoother than any SN ive ever been in

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
The plan is to get everything balanced before it goes in, but I just don't see how it's possible to balance that pressure plate with how the weights are allowed to float the way they do. Seems that in some cases, one or two weights will hang up causing the entire weighted ring to not center itself; that's what concerns me. Lots of people have good luck with them....I just want to minimize my chances that I'll be one of those guys that will have to drop their trans again ;-)

Jeg's is going to let me exchange it for a RAM Powergrip, in any case.

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
i run it, only have issues when im in traffic and dont really use the gas to idle forward, besides that i havent had any issues

Users who are viewing this thread