cell phone opinions wanted

heywaitfourme

Established Member
So my wife and I are up for new phones with verizon. I don't want this to turn into a droid vs iphone debate, but I'm unsure as to which phone I like the best, so I'm looking for real world experience. The two phones I'm deciding between are the Droid Incredible 2 and the Iphone. I like the size of the phones and the weight. I think the tunderbolt and other clones are tooo big, so please don't suggest them.

Now onto what I do with the phone. I run, a lot. I use the phone as a music medium, tracking device and a way home sometimes. I browse the web a good bit, checking email, forums, youtube, etc.

I want a phone that I don't have to worry about battery life with, and that has a front facing camera. I look forward to reading the replies, thanks in advance!

txyaloo

Established Member
I wouldn't get any of the 3G phones. Verizon is pushing hard to have 4G available everywhere by 2013. If you're set on a smaller screen, just wait it out a few more months. If you can't wait, go for the Incredible 2.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have five phones with Verizon and they are determined to get rid of me.
On the super cheapo friends and family plan I am paying #18.75 a month and if I switch to any data plan my rate will skyrocket.
So I am waiting for the new, not yet released I-phone and nationwide 4G before I even consider an upgrade. And even then I may just get a phone enabled tablet instead.

eclipsemustang

Established Member
I cant speak for the incredible 2, but I do have an older iphone and I really enjoy it. the big reason I like it is because I have a good mile walk to campus and its nice having my phone be an ipod. I dont like having many things in my pockets so them being the same thing is nice. The battery life is also pretty good on it, im not a heavy user (I probably listen to the ipod for 2 hours, send and receive 50-100 texts and maybe an hour and a half of calls, along with messing around with apps like facebook or playing games, each day) and I usually only have to charge it every other day. But if I use apps like pandora excessively, it will only last a day.

Last edited:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I had no reason to get an iPhone but when my 1st gen iPod touch gave out and my old phone was a POS I had no other option.
I loved my touch and the iPhone 4 I just got is truly amazing. If you have ever used an iPod then you will love the iPhone. I discover new things it does everyday.

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
iPhone 4 hands down. iPod and phone in one. Easy user interface. Easy emails, get tapatalk and ur set. Easy browser as well. I've had a droid and didn't like it compared to the iPhone

crash686977

Had the droid x didn't like it because of the touch screen key pad but I have the droid global and love it the key pad is slide out very fast phone

bglf83

Established Member
You considered a Windows phone? I have a Windows Phone 7 phone and i really like it.

If you use it for work and need outlook integration, it is the best.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My daughter has the iPhone 4 and really loves it. I have to admit that it is easier to use overall than my Droid Incredible. I've had my Incredible phone for about a year and a half and it's by far the most trouble-free phone I've ever owned. The Incredible 2 doesn't have much over the original Incredible (except 1.3 front facing camera and a slightly larger 4" screen), so for me it' s keep what I have for now. I highly recommend the Incredible 2 for you. One recommendation, though. With normal use you'll be lucky to get one day out of the battery. Buy an Innocell 1750mAh battery for extended life. And keep the original battery as a backup.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I used to have the Incredible and loved it. I'd imagine the Inc2 is just as good or better.

Satyr

Established Member
My daughter has the iPhone 4 and really loves it. I have to admit that it is easier to use overall than my Droid Incredible. I've had my Incredible phone for about a year and a half and it's by far the most trouble-free phone I've ever owned. The Incredible 2 doesn't have much over the original Incredible (except 1.3 front facing camera and a slightly larger 4" screen), so for me it' s keep what I have for now. I highly recommend the Incredible 2 for you. One recommendation, though. With normal use you'll be lucky to get one day out of the battery. Buy an Innocell 1750mAh battery for extended life. And keep the original battery as a backup.

This. I have had an Incredible since launch and it is by far the best phone I have ever had. After rooting, it does everything I could possibly want (free tether). I also have an iPad, and I can attest to the user friendliness of the iOS platform. It really comes down to whether you want a platform that allows most everything but requires somewhat of a learning curve (Android) or if you want something that does a little less, but does it amazingly well (iOS).

If you are looking to have a music player, as well, then it's iPhone, hands down.

EDIT: You may want to consider some of the new phones that should be launching from Verizon in the next few months (though, none of them are as anticipated as the EVO 3D from Sprint).

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I used to make fun of people who had all the Ipod/Iphone stuff. I had a blackberry until just recently when I was able to upgrade. I found out the BB operating system was extremely slow. I went in looking at a droid or Iphone. I decided on the Iphone because I did not like idea that the android market is not really governed. Which is why I have read a few articles of viruses being downloaded. I know the apple store has the possiblity but a lot harder when Mac is governing what goes on there.

Anyway, I got the Iphone 4 with Verizon and it is an absolute amazing phone! How in the world did I get by without I have no idea. As for the 4G service, Verizon is releasing the 4G in my area of the upstate of South Carolina on June 15. Only thing is I think they have 1 phone that is 4G capable and that is the Thunderbolt. To me the 3G is fine for what I do with is basic surfing, especially since most places have wifi...I will say that the Iphone is very easy to work and navigate that my 4.5 yr old daughter can easily work it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread