Cell Phone been dead for about a year

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Okay for the technology friendly guys here, I have a HTC Android Incredible first generation i think... i went to an Iphone 5 about a year and a month ago after the androids screen cracked well enough that i couldn't view anything on the screen any more... so it has sat in a drawer and ive maybe charged it like 3-4 times... my Question is if the Contacts, Pictures and any other data in that phone still there? i cant seem to hook it up to my computer to search the phone for any of it.

HandBanana

Established Member
yes, your contacts and pictures should still be on there. I have several old phones and they still have some pictures and videos on them from years ago.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What is happening when you connect it to your computer? You cannot see it as a device with Windows Explorer?

96Cobracomander

Established Member
What is happening when you connect it to your computer? You cannot see it as a device with Windows Explorer?

i see it as a device but it doesnt have any files in it... but i know for a fact there were on there last time i saw the screen work

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
i see it as a device but it doesnt have any files in it... but i know for a fact there were on there last time i saw the screen work

If it's anything like my Incredible 2 was, after plugging into a laptop, I had to select on the phone that I wanted to share my files with the computer. Otherwise, I couldn't open the files to view.

Planter

Banned
Okay for the technology friendly guys here, I have a HTC Android Incredible first generation i think... i went to an Iphone 5 about a year and a month ago after the androids screen cracked well enough that i couldn't view anything on the screen any more... so it has sat in a drawer and ive maybe charged it like 3-4 times... my Question is if the Contacts, Pictures and any other data in that phone still there? i cant seem to hook it up to my computer to search the phone for any of it.

go download the Android SDK (software developers kit) package (google it) install it, then connect a micro usb to usb plug between the phone and computers and it should recgnize then.

the sdk will have the drivers and whatnot for the computer to recognize the device.

you will also need to go into your menu settings from the home screen and find developers options, where it says enable usb debugging and check that box. then connect the cable to the phone.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned

i dont know if the htc incredible is setup the same as my galaxy s3 but my phone requires unlocking the screen of my phone (pin # or pattern swipe) before it will allow the computer to display the files and folders on the phone.

or it couod be you just dont have the right usb drivers installed to access the phones storage drive. refer to my previous post if thats the case.

Users who are viewing this thread