• SP500 (polished)

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • CCW (polished)

Votes: 46 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

black 10th vert

Established Member
What offset and size would you recommend? Any fitment issues or needs?

For offset and other fitting questions, I would recommend pm'ing '04Sleeper (Kevin), as he has a ton of experience fitting wheels to these cars. Obviously Steve from TF would be able to help too.;-) I would have to look up the specs of my rims, as I don't know the specs off the top of my head, but they fit very well, and have the special cutouts for running oversized brakes, should I ever decide to do that in the future. No spacers were needed, but I am running some 3/8" hubcentric ones in the rear because I had put in longer studs, and used the spacers for my previous wheels, and didn't want to cut the studs. It looks awesome, and clears everything perfectly, plus made the back wheels look a bit wider, so I'm glad I left them on, even though they weren't really needed.;-)

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
From the poll results it looks like you can't go wrong either way. One thing to think about with the SP500s is brakes...they sometimes look goofy with stock brakes because they're so big and open.

Personally, I like Classics over the SP500s, but I'd never want to own a set of fully polished classics unless I drove the car once a year. I LOVE my Titanium classics for 2 reasons.

1) I'm like pracitcally the only one with a set in this color
2) Cleaning them is simple. Wipe the lips down with mothers mag & aluminum polish, and wipe the anodized centers off with a microfiber towl. So easy to clean.

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
From the poll results it looks like you can't go wrong either way. One thing to think about with the SP500s is brakes...they sometimes look goofy with stock brakes because they're so big and open.

Personally, I like Classics over the SP500s, but I'd never want to own a set of fully polished classics unless I drove the car once a year. I LOVE my Titanium classics for 2 reasons.

1) I'm like pracitcally the only one with a set in this color
2) Cleaning them is simple. Wipe the lips down with mothers mag & aluminum polish, and wipe the anodized centers off with a microfiber towl. So easy to clean.

I want to know how your wheels look on a BLACK car :coolman:

Jefe

Established Member
I thought for sure the Sp500s would be leading but Classics FTW. I would do all black classics on torch red. Or these:

4792156056_a07b9777f0_b.jpg

dscf3681.jpg

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Wow. I can't believe the Classics pulled ahead in the poll lol. You guys are making this tough. I love the 18" chrome stockers as well. TOO MANY GREAT CHOICES!!!

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Just think about cleaning them. That ought to do it for you unless you like cleaning wheels with Q'tips.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
do a search for the guy that just bought 04sleeper's cobra, he put his SP500's on it. that'll give you an idea of torch red with SP500's

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
sp500 looks kinda generic to me, I don't like the way the spokes curve. I like the classics better, they look pretty cool but I prefer the TF Chicanes better than these CCWs. I will admit that i've never seen these wheels in person and I know the internet pics don't do wheels justice so i'm sure either choice looks great in the flesh.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just think about cleaning them. That ought to do it for you unless you like cleaning wheels with Q'tips.

I agree, which is why I said earlier it depends on how the car will be used. OP, you should probably point out whether it is a DD, or a garage queen, as this makes a world of difference in wheel choice. I would never go with a billet wheel for a DD, unless I lived in a place like Arizona where they wouldn't be exposed to salt air, rain, etc. Even then, you still have to think about cleaning brake dust and basic road grime that comes along with mileage. In that situation, and open 5 spoke design is a god send! My fully polished Chicanes are stunning against the black background of my car, but there is no way I would recommend them for a DD because it takes on average, close to an hour per wheel to polish, and detail them. Fortunately for me, I only do it a couple of times a year because of the limited exposure they get.

Users who are viewing this thread