CCW Insurance

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Its 31$ a month covering both me and the wife and considering what could happen worst case I figured it was worth it

Yeah depending on what you get for that $31, it could be a great investment. If that fee is fixed and gives you representation in any type of action from presuit all the way to verdict/settlement/final order including trial if needed, then that's amazing. It really just depends on your lifestyle and likelihood anything could/would happen to you where you would need it.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
So...you’re a lawyer?

I don't practice law currently, but I may have passed the Florida bar exam and worked at a criminal law firm for a bit. To be clear, I'm responding to hypotheticals and not giving legal advice.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Yeah depending on what you get for that $31, it could be a great investment. If that fee is fixed and gives you representation in any type of action from presuit all the way to verdict/settlement/final order including trial if needed, then that's amazing. It really just depends on your lifestyle and likelihood anything could/would happen to you where you would need it.

From what i was told it covered everything. They do other things too like Wills and such so i get my money out of it. Lots of good discounts too so that’s a plus. Me being honest I hope that the day never comes that I need to make that call

jmsa540

Established Member
Those charges were also dropped.
Every answer to a legal question typically begins with "it depends." In your scenario, the action would arise from an injury sustained during the commission of a forcible felony and therefore the "bum" would not be able to prevail in a civil suit. He committed at most attempted murder and armed robbery w/ deadly weapon and at least aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

A case like that probably won't be charged if you really shot him right as he was at arm's length proximity and turning around.

This is how you get charged:

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Every answer to a legal question typically begins with "it depends." In your scenario, the action would arise from an injury sustained during the commission of a forcible felony and therefore the "bum" would not be able to prevail in a civil suit. He committed at most attempted murder and armed robbery w/ deadly weapon and at least aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

A case like that probably won't be charged if you really shot him right as he was at arm's length proximity and turning around.

This is how you get charged:

The key word is "probably" which is why insurance is pretty much a no brainer. And yes, I understand you are not saying do not buy insurance. Your point is don't shoot unless a good shoot, and I say it could be a good shoot and the machine still chews you up.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Mandella effect, coulda sworn they were dropped.

Thank you for this correction.

The guy was backing up. Not good.
There was another shooting where a store owner shot a guy robbing him in his store, guy went down
(threat over) owner went from behind the counter and emptied the magazine in him. He got charged and convicted.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jmsa540

Established Member
No worries, pretty sure there was a thread on here talking about the incident.

Also, see alot of people have uscca. Im thinking of going with ccw safe.
The guy was backing up. Not good.
There was another shooting where a store owner shot a guy robbing him in his store, guy went down
(threat over) owner went from behind the counter and emptied the magazine in him. He got charged and convicted.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are Georgia's laws re civil liability when using justifiable deadly force?

In Florida where I am, you are immune from civil action if your use of force is justified. I know we all don't plan on shooting anyone, but if I did, I would make sure the person was either armed, in my home, trying to get in my vehicle with me in it, or there was a disparity of force. You really need to be aware of the laws in your state and even moreso aware of the political climate we're living in. Don't be a George Zimmerman and don't go chasing "joggers" and you shouldn't have a problem.
Excellent advice that applies to most of us in most of the states. Here in CT, you have to be especially careful if you confront someone with a gun. The golden rule is that if they're retreating, you let them retreat. If someone armed is on your property, get your firearm, hold your ground inside your house, and call the police. If someone breaks into your house who displays a weapon and is a threat, all bets are off.

Users who are viewing this thread