CCW Classic Reps Coming!!

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
People are really getting mad about them making knock offs classics ? If your lucky enough to have the real ones you should feel even better about having the real ones when everybody is riding around with fake ones. At the end of the day it's a rim for Christ sakes get over it

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
:)

6842927236_a80117232b_b.jpg

cobracrazee

Established Member
Replica is a good thing, specially for people that can't afford them or the special sizes they don't make. I wanted to buy the 19's ccw classics they don't make them. I was looking to purchase the Wider "18 Saleens for my cobra, so I bought the 10.5 replicas. What's wrong with that? Plus if other companies start making something that looks close to it, maybe the prices could come down

94svtcobraftw

Established Member
getting replica wheels that are of factory wheels is one thing, (wanting a wider rear wheel, etc) but ccw, true forged, etc can make MOST sizes of what ever wheel you want. The reason I get irritated by this is because along with many others out there, I work my ass off to build my car to be something nice and have rare/ high end parts on it that you dont see everyday, and it sucks when you're at a car show when you have dumped thousands into your car and some douchebag pulls up with a car that has a bunch of same parts on it, but cheap replica shit. if you want cheap wheels buy some bullets or something, leave the custom wheels to those who can do it

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
getting replica wheels that are of factory wheels is one thing, (wanting a wider rear wheel, etc) but ccw, true forged, etc can make MOST sizes of what ever wheel you want. The reason I get irritated by this is because along with many others out there, I work my ass off to build my car to be something nice and have rare/ high end parts on it that you dont see everyday, and it sucks when you're at a car show when you have dumped thousands into your car and some douchebag pulls up with a car that has a bunch of same parts on it, but cheap replica shit. if you want cheap wheels buy some bullets or something, leave the custom wheels to those who can do it

13630635.jpg

94svtcobraftw

Established Member
whatever, just saying if you want nice wheels/parts for your car, save up and do it the right way.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
It's all good, ricers have been buying knock offs of high end BBS and Work wheels for years, these poverty stricken folks will simply be joining them :)

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

And who are you to tell anyone what to do? No ones a douchebag for buying cheaper wheels. Hell Just the rocker arms on my car cost me close to $4000, I bought them why? Because they gave me an extra 145hp over the stock ones! They actually do something other than " Look pretty". Don't get so butthurt man. You pretty much contradicted your whole post lol. Everyone pretty much has identical cars on here, it's very hard to find anyone original anymore. You know how I know ccws are played out? Just the other day a RANDOM guy out of nowhere parked his vdub outside my house...guess what wheels he had? CCW classics!

Sorry if I choose to buy cheap replicas, but I'm pretty sure there is more to a nice car than some wheels. Any idiot could bolt wheels on a car, it's not exactly splitting atoms. If you get this butthurt over wheels then your car is not as glamorous as you say it is.

Last edited:

hittinboost

Established Member
whatever, just saying if you want nice wheels/parts for your car, save up and do it the right way.
I've had 3 piece forged wheels. I'll buy a replica over another forged wheel anyday. Less BS to worry about...curb rash, getting bent, sweating bullets having tires mounted, theft, depending on the finish you have to worry about the metal pitting if it's not constantly cleaned or sealed properly (I understand this is with any wheel but it's real PITA if it's just a bare polished aluminum), the cost to replace one if any of that sh*t happens, the wait time if you do have to replace just one, etc.

Not saying that forged wheels aren't nice, but give me a cast wheel with an easy finish to maintain and clean that still looks good that won't rape my wallet any day. So, you saying "save up and do it the right way" is subjective, because that's not the right way for me.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
I've had 3 piece forged wheels. I'll buy a replica over another forged wheel anyday. Less BS to worry about...curb rash, getting bent, sweating bullets having tires mounted, theft, depending on the finish you have to worry about the metal pitting if it's not constantly cleaned or sealed properly (I understand this is with any wheel but it's real PITA if it's just a bare polished aluminum), the cost to replace one if any of that sh*t happens, the wait time if you do have to replace just one, etc.

Not saying that forged wheels aren't nice, but give me a cast wheel with an easy finish to maintain and clean that still looks good that won't rape my wallet any day. So, you saying "save up and do it the right way" is subjective, because that's not the right way for me.
This. I had TF Mach 5s and sold them in a week. They were sweet, just too much BS for me.

eddyroxx

Established Member
wow people are really getting butthurt over this lol
its not like the people who buy these are going to try and pass them off as real ccw's
nobody who buys fr500's online tries to pass them off as real fr500's!
from reading the posts, people buy these so they can be "unique", a bunch of people have these already:shrug:, now theres going to be more people with them, get creative and get another set of wheels to be "unique" instead of crying on here

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
wow people are really getting butthurt over this lol
its not like the people who buy these are going to try and pass them off as real ccw's
nobody who buys fr500's online tries to pass them off as real fr500's!
from reading the posts, people buy these so they can be "unique", a bunch of people have these already:shrug:, now theres going to be more people with them, get creative and get another set of wheels to be "unique" instead of crying on here

My point exactly... Like I said before if you think adding wheels to your cAr makes you special and one of a kind, then you have just another bland car with no other redeeming qualities :shrug:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

Exactly. I had True Forged on my last Cobra and also on my CTS-V I just sold. I had CCW on my Camaro. Too much work involved and constant worrying are too much for me. I will never spend hours polishing, waxing etc....again.

I spent 4k on the 20" TF for my V. No thanks. They are nice wheels but do not belong on a car that gets driven especially in rain.

crazy04mach

Established Member
This is all true lol.

This is not the only wheel that will be a Replica.. I see BBS replicas all the time, it doesn't bug me at all. Shoot, my buddy just threw a set of BBS Replicas on his Camaro and it looks awesome.

TurboJuice

Established Member
I think this is terrible. Replicas belong on Hondas.

But I guess I am just butt hurt about it. That's what people call an opinion around here right?

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I love the clowns with "real wheels" and the stock eaton on their cobras. Get a life with your "high end parts", you drive a mustang like the rest of us. If I want a set of 4k dollar wheels I could do so and still make 440. There's nothing wrong with knock off wheels, get over it.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
Sweet another set of replica wheels so the bullet, anniverary, fr500, and saleen crowds have another one added to their list....

I ain't gonna lie though..if they make an 18" set, I'll get a set for my BMW.....

Users who are viewing this thread