CAUGHT DOING 110 on a 60...HELP

MachToLoud1

Established Member
As the title says, 110 on a highway in texas.

Long story short I was crusing home with my buddy who also got pulled over. Radar didn't detect anything.
Have had a ticket dismissed for going 41 on a 30.

What can we expect? Any advice?
thanks

Kiohtee

Established Member
Cruising... At 110mph... You make it sound so casual! :eek:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Not sure how your system works in Texas but every time I've been caught doubling the speed limit like you I normally have to visit my Attorney for excessive speeds and upset LEO's, once the LEO's calm down its normal all good. Just be polite and respectful in any case with the LEO's and who knows they may give u a freebie in the future. Either way hurry and contact a Attorney who knows people and have the issue dealt with BEFORE the DA's get a hold of it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What radar detector do u have? Was the LEO in front of beind u?
these questions are irrelevant seeing as how a) radar detectors are pretty worthless in my experience and B) radar that cops use can hit you from in from or behind

MachToLoud1

Established Member
LEO?? Is that law enforcement officer?

I don't have a radar, the cobra has a pasaport.
But i think it was an under cover cop who set us up. Cop didnt turn his light till he was literally right next to me. I think he clocked the cobra at 110 but not me, because my buddy was going faster than I was and he told me I was doing the same as him.

I was gonna tell him sir, he is whippled and I'm n/a

musclefan21

Established Member
yes, he definitely set you up for doing 110mph.....

own up, lawyer up, deal with it. blame nobody but yourself.

good luck

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
As the title says, 110 on a highway in texas.

Long story short I was crusing home with my buddy who also got pulled over. Radar didn't detect anything.
Have had a ticket dismissed for going 41 on a 30.

What can we expect? Any advice?
thanks

But i think it was an under cover cop who set us up. Cop didnt turn his light till he was literally right next to me. I think he clocked the cobra at 110 but not me, because my buddy was going faster than I was and he told me I was doing the same as him.

:pop:

MachToLoud1

Established Member
Lol, and I was doing some good pulls.

Nobody's fault but out own. Just wanted to now what I could expect and hear from some of y'all's personal experience.
And I was just about to buy the cobra tank and pumps for my eaton swap:(

Lt. ZO6

Established Member

Because an NA car certainly couldn't do 110mph...

Rings

Established Member

Because an NA car certainly couldn't do 110mph...

Exactly, my CAI/tuned 07 Silverado wasn't gps'd at 126 :rollseyes

//As stated, lawyer up and QUICK! had a buddy get stopped for 168 in a 60(R1), eluding, no mirrors, & head phones...YES he tried to run and YES he got caught! Lawyer was able to use the head phones and lack of mirrors for why he couldn't/didn't see or hear cop...he walked out with a 20+ ticket, NO eluding, a fix it ticket for mirrors, and a MAJOR butt chewing from the judge for doing 108 OVER the speed limit.

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
these questions are irrelevant seeing as how a) radar detectors are pretty worthless in my experience and B) radar that cops use can hit you from in from or behind

Only reason i ask is because im curious, that's all.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member

Correct LEO = Law Enforcement Officer. Yeah if he was traveling with you then yeah your busted :( it can go a whole buncha ways really good to bad, attitude, lawyer, LEO & DA will all make the difference in the outcome. I would budget around $1000-2500 for a lawyer in Texas.

Last edited:

SirJAG

Established Member
keep us posted. what part of tx?? i got hit 147 out in bandera/three sisters on a bike...

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Exactly, my CAI/tuned 07 Silverado wasn't gps'd at 126 :rollseyes

//As stated, lawyer up and QUICK! had a buddy get stopped for 168 in a 60(R1), eluding, no mirrors, & head phones...YES he tried to run and YES he got caught! Lawyer was able to use the head phones and lack of mirrors for why he couldn't/didn't see or hear cop...he walked out with a 20+ ticket, NO eluding, a fix it ticket for mirrors, and a MAJOR butt chewing from the judge for doing 108 OVER the speed limit.

Sarcasm...

Users who are viewing this thread