Catted X-pipe vs O/R x pipe

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
Very, very close to buying my first Terminator (Yippie :banana:). Car currently has an O/R pipe and Flowmasters. My 2001 Cobra has a Bassani Catted X-pipe and Bassani Extreme cat back system.

Since I live in a county with emissions, I will at least need to throw some cats on for the visual inspection. My questions are the following:

1. Is there much difference in performance between the aftermarket Catted pipes and the O/R on the terminator?
2. If not much of a difference am I better off swapping the exhaust with 2001 and throwing some stock cats on the 01 prior to selling?
3. Or should I just get some stock cats for the terminator to pass emission and then put the Off-roads back on?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is not a big performance difference between the two. I believe you lose a bit of torque with the O/R setup. Most guys go with the O/R when they want a louder setup.

Keep in mind that if your state has annual or scheduled inspections, if you go O/R you're going to have to do a swap again for the visual inspection. Again, if your state has them.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I have both types of x-pipes

on a stock setup I feel a huge difference in throttle response and seat of pants feel.

o/r x-pipe I felt was better

Users who are viewing this thread