Catted Singers vs Catless Bassani

01yellercobra

Established Member
My car came with flows and an o/r X. It just didn't sound right to me. Plus the flows hung so low they caught on everything. My son had one chambers with an o/r H on his 99 GT and that thing sounded mean. Slow as hell, but sounded good.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My car came with flows and an o/r X. It just didn't sound right to me. Plus the flows hung so low they caught on everything. My son had one chambers with an o/r H on his 99 GT and that thing sounded mean. Slow as hell, but sounded good.
Yeah, they hit everything. Mine were with a OR ProChamber, and I didn't care for them either.
Flowmaster is a 2 valve muffler for sure
All day long, and hard to beat on a 2V with headers.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yeah, they hit everything. Mine were with a OR ProChamber, and I didn't care for them either.
Mine ended up on a friend's car through a weird trade. One time he was getting the oil changed and they managed to rip one of the mufflers open putting it on the rack.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Mine ended up on a friend's car through a weird trade. One time he was getting the oil changed and they managed to rip one of the mufflers open putting it on the rack.
I don't doubt it Bob, they were a pretty fat oval. I know the front of mine where that roll is was hammered, but my car is pretty low. I've had zero issues with the Stingers.

Davisenvy

Established Member
Well, I put the Flowmaster 200 high flow cats on with the Borla Stingers and it did tame the sound down some. It got rid of the clappy farm truck sound at mid rpm, but I think they are still too loud for me. I have catted Magnaflows on my 99 cobra and I think they sound great. Maybe I'm getting old, but I think I'll try the Bassani's next.

Also, maybe it was just my imagination, but I swear my car acted different with the cats on. It especially acted different in slow driving and when rev matching the downshifts the car would seem to hesitate a little. Anyways I guess the search continues.

Users who are viewing this thread