cats or no cats

xxslow50xx

Established Member
just bought the bassani x-pipe for my 03 cobra with removable cats right now the car only has a densecharger intake i have the stock exhaust for now but was wondering just for now till i can afford my magnaflow catback what sounds better cats or no cats with the bassani x

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
unless you get rats and mice round your car get rid of the cats, put the cats in the farm where they can do some good. i'm not a big fan of cats on my car, i got rid of them first thing, i get full bassani set-up on my car, off-road, no cats, you have the ability to try both ways, why not try out both and let us know what you like best.

xxslow50xx

Established Member
lol :lol: how does the bassani catback sound the only reason i wanna go with magnaflow is to keep it quiet for freeway crusing but when i get on it i want it loud

BigHuge

Big Huge SVT Poster
Established Member
I run the bassani mid-length headers/bassani off x-pipe (no cats) and the Borla cat back system. I ran my x-pipes with the cats for about a year. The RED BEAST sounded awsome with the cats on. I have since taken the cats off, and the car sounds even better. If your looking for head truning sound, then no cats is the way to go.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i have Bassani catted X w/ Bassani CB. i have the option for no-cats, but i think it sounds better with cats personally.

its really all perference to what you like.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
xxslow50xx said:
lol :lol: how does the bassani catback sound the only reason i wanna go with magnaflow is to keep it quiet for freeway crusing but when i get on it i want it loud
Welcome, I loved the Bassani C/B sound when I had the stockl H, but I needed more of that sound, just what I was looking for, but more of it.I tried the off road Pro Chamber,awsome sound but a little louder in the cockpit than I wanted(drone) @ 1900-2300, also smell of exhaust, in the car with a/c on and wife B!tched. MRT-Catted H @ WOT B-E-A-utiful,jmo.

xxslow50xx

Established Member
thanks a lot you guys this place is better then corral.net no people saying look in the archives for old questions. so right now i have no cats and stock exhaust sounds ok when the car is crusin but sounds really bad when i get on it i thinks it becasue of the stock muffs im gonna get the magnaflow exhaust soon gonna try no cats first and if i like im gonna leave it but if its too loud im putting them back on. btw what a great fitting x-pipe bassanni makes so easy to install not like a fox mustang at all glad im over foxes

I love pollution and NJ is just too darn cold in the winter. I'm doing my part by removing the CATS off my Bassani setup. Based on audio clips, the off road sound is going to be insanely awesome with the Bassani CB.

Kevin the Clean 1 said:
I love pllution too... :nonono: Inhale then exhale. Damn that's nasty... :(

The processed food you eat on a regular basis does more harm than a little C02 from your exhaust. No one is escaping the clutches of a physical death in this life.

Users who are viewing this thread