Catoctin Mountain Cruise 10/24/2004

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Originally posted by RedfireVenom
Update: I have fixed the link to the map of the meeting place in Frederick.

As far as I can remember, you take 270 till it turns into Route 15. then a couple miles up you take a right on Trading Lane and then a right on State Farm Drive. you can't miss the building.

270 does turn into 15...then you bare right onto 26 as 15 goes straight. Trading Lane is the second light on 26...you will see Buger King, Wal-Mart etc..on your right. Believe their is a CVS on the left.

I can meet at the Startbucks there at 124...or if it works better there is one on 118 basically 2 lights down on the left off 270 if you are headed North..just a thought.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sounds like you've been down here before Mike. Actually there are a couple differnet ways to get to the State Farm building from 15.

The map Omar provided shows Wormans Mill Rd as 355. The way Mike mentioned will get you there fine also, the building just has 2 entrances. When you get off 15 onto 26, the first traffic light is Wormans Mill Rd(355), turn left at the light and follow about half a mile and look for the State Farm entrance on your right.

BTW, the weather looks like it should be promising...:beer:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Sounds like you've been down here before Mike. Actually there are a couple differnet ways to get to the State Farm building from 15.

The map Omar provided shows Wormans Mill Rd as 355. The way Mike mentioned will get you there fine also, the building just has 2 entrances. When you get off 15 onto 26, the first traffic light is Wormans Mill Rd(355), turn left at the light and follow about half a mile and look for the State Farm entrance on your right.

BTW, the weather looks like it should be promising...:beer:

Used to live in Frederick...for 10 years...I know it a bit.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra330
270 does turn into 15...then you bare right onto 26 as 15 goes straight. Trading Lane is the second light on 26...you will see Buger King, Wal-Mart etc..on your right. Believe their is a CVS on the left.

I can meet at the Startbucks there at 124...or if it works better there is one on 118 basically 2 lights down on the left off 270 if you are headed North..just a thought.

Which exit is 118 and which way do I go on 118? I'm guessing you mean that I go North on 118 and then it's two lights on the left. Is that correct? I don't mind meeting you there at 8. Is there anyone else meeting up in the Gaithersburg/Germantown area?

I talked to Dwight (IronTerp) and I think we will meet him on the shoulder somewhere on 270. We can meet up in g'burg or Germantown and then when they get near we can head out to wait for them on 270.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Originally posted by RedfireVenom
Which exit is 118 and which way do I go on 118? I'm guessing you mean that I go North on 118 and then it's two lights on the left. Is that correct? I don't mind meeting you there at 8. Is there anyone else meeting up in the Gaithersburg/Germantown area?

I talked to Dwight (IronTerp) and I think we will meet him on the shoulder somewhere on 270. We can meet up in g'burg or Germantown and then when they get near we can head out to wait for them on 270.

Not sure how familiar you are with 118..but the Starbucks is right there in the Safeway shopping center..right beside the new Euromotor Car in Germantown. Not sure of the exit number but, it is the one before Father Hurley. You take the exit ramp that goes under the bridge..not sure if that is North. Then it's 3 lights I think. You pass a Red Robin, BP, Carabbas, aparment complex, then Euromotorcar..and right after that you turn right..and Starbucks is at the end. I can check it tonight to see if it is North. Oh and weather starting to look questionable for Sunday..that really stinks. If it's raining..or misting...I am doubtful..

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
RedFireVenom

You out there? You meeting at the 118 Starbucks? I will check back here later tonight..Still trying to see what tomorrow's weather is going to bring!

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Looks like there is going to be some showers tomorrow. I heard there is another cruise tomorrow that is meeting at a park and ride near Baltimore off of 70. Is this true?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
At this point consider me out..the weather looks cold and damp....so RedFireVenom don't worry about meeting me..if I make a "Game Time Decision" to go..I will meet everyone at the State Farm Building...and if I am not there when all are ready to leave you guys go ahead.

This stinks..why can't tomorrow be like today!!:mj:

I know I am probably make a decision to quick..but, I have only had my 04 a few weeks..and I don't want her to ever see rain..that's what the other car is for!:D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Chance of scattered showers is 30% for tomorrow......weather could cause some attrition. If it's not raining at 7:30, then I'm going...........with my fingers crossed. Post, PM, or call me if you're not going to go and I'll do the same....... Thanks.

TRBO VNM

I can't go because of work. The electricians didn't punch down everything they were suppose to friday or today. So they are coming in tomorrow morning to finish. I am pretty pissed off. Anyway, if you guys do go, have fun.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Fellas, I snapped a half-shaft today at MIR's Ford Fever. I don't want to chance anything until I can get it 100% checked out. Tommy did have the right tools this time and helped me out this time, but I am getting an abnormal vibration in 3rd between 2000 and 2700. I'm thinking something wasn't torqued just the right way, and I know for a fact that my spring isolator is all discombobulated, but I'm not convinced that is making the vibration. I'll find out sometime this week.

Oh yea, for those of you that don't know.... Check out this thread:

Hmmm.....

Sorry I can't make the drive up there, but I'm headed up to the Mount with my parents (they had to go anyway). I don't want to put excess miles on the Cobra with a questionable half-shaft.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yep, it's 7:05 and raining pretty good down here.....Nittos and rain don't go together real well, especially on curvy mountain roads. I'm out too........

We can definately reschedule for next week or the week after......We need to have a second MACA meeting soon anyway. Stay tuned.......

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'll drive over to the meeting place at 8:45 and see if any SVTOA members are there, if so, I'll ask if they plan to re-schedule....

How was SC Dwight? Did MD win?

JR, if your going to be home later, I can bring your compression tester up to you.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Although it is raining, they are still going to have the cruise/picinic, Troy came down from Westminister. I'm going back over, JR and Dwight, if it clears up later and you want to meet up with us give me a shout on my cell.

Users who are viewing this thread