14 GT500
Established Member
DSC_0001Small_zps057a777e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a pic, hope I uploaded correctly:rolling:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
From a mechanical perspective, that looks to be well done.

From an aesthetic perspective, it looks a bit out sync with the rest of the engine.

Are you averse to an alternative hose/clamps?

14 GT500
Established Member
I'm going to make it more pretty, I just wanted to get the dam thing on and see how well it worked. It has been collecting oil, so I'm going to shop around for better hoses and clamps. I just didnt want to spend the money if I couldn't make it work. I actually like the blue color as it matches the valve covers

14 GT500
Established Member
I was thinking about the Shelby one that was just release but I don't know now. I like the internal design of this one and its mounting is solid, so once I pretty it up, I think its going to stay :)

14 GT500
Established Member
I found a square hole on the passenger strut tower and mounted it to that, so its secure. In addition, I used rubber on each side of the strut bracket so there is no metal to metal contact. It allows the oil separator to move a bit, while still retaining a firm mount.

brianz426

Established Member
No, it's a 70 Cuda that I have been trying to restore for the last 17 years. I finally got tired of not having a running muscle car and I decided to buy a 2013 GT500.

untitled73-2_zps379b7357.gif

untitled62-2_zps09a95372.gif

Snoopy,
I won't give up on mine if you promise not to give up your Cuda. This Road Runner was my first car, bought it in 1980. Used it for the better part of 10 years, took it apart for restoration in 1995. All the components are done, just need to get it back together. I promise I'll get back on topic with my next post. :) I'm planning on installing my Bob's Oil Separator this weekend.

IMAG0429_zpsa3f2edfa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Brian,
Nice car, at least yours has wheels and tires under it. What engine and power train are you going to use?

IMAG0429_zpsa3f2edfa.jpg

brianz426

Established Member
Snoopy,
Right now my plan is to put the numbers matching 383-4/auto back in. I had some head work done and I changed the cam, that's it. I'm really looking forward to driving the car I remember.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Brian,
I hope it works out for both of us, in the mean time we will just have to suffer with our modern hot rods.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Paint brass fittings and use loom cover to match rest?
Separator looks good though
-J

Users who are viewing this thread