Catch Can Install... How To...

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
As Stang8psi knows the smell can be bad from the breathers and with the cabin filter behind the cowl you can get the smell. Here is a catchcan setup i made for my car. Its 2 -10 lines that connect to each valve cover, then its a -12 vent line that vents under the car so you do not get any oil vapor smell.

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

FOR THE PEOPLE who get the vapor smell i recommend to vent it under the car.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I just did the setup the same way the OP did and the fumes/blow by are killing me (More annoying then anything). I'm going to either wrap something around the top of the can to limit the fumes/smoke.

Graboid

Established Member
As Stang8psi knows the smell can be bad from the breathers and with the cabin filter behind the cowl you can get the smell. Here is a catchcan setup i made for my car. Its 2 -10 lines that connect to each valve cover, then its a -12 vent line that vents under the car so you do not get any oil vapor smell.

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

FOR THE PEOPLE who get the vapor smell i recommend to vent it under the car.

Nice. You fab the tank/can or buy it? Like the supported hoses also. I don't know about the 5.0 but my 08 bullitt would collapse the normal hoses sent with catch cans.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
wow great info, will be looking at a set up for my paxton as well, and all this about fumes, well who has pics of how theyve routed it under the car?

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
wow great info, will be looking at a set up for my paxton as well, and all this about fumes, well who has pics of how theyve routed it under the car?

I mean next time im under the car i can take a pic but on my setup its just a -12 hose run under the car next to the trans.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Looks nice Jim. It's no HD Racing catch can setup, but it'll work :dancenana:

KnightVision

Established Member
I don't want to gum up this tread but I got additional questions on if it would be possible to run breather lines back into the stock system? It looks like this particular catch can doesn't route a breather line(Couldn't find a photo of where it vents/the breather)? Would it even be possible to Y a single hose to be able to breathe back into the stock system? Feel free to PM me.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
I don't want to gum up this tread but I got additional questions on if it would be possible to run breather lines back into the stock system? It looks like this particular catch can doesn't route a breather line(Couldn't find a photo of where it vents/the breather)? Would it even be possible to Y a single hose to be able to breathe back into the stock system? Feel free to PM me.

If you're referring to the OP's catch can then yes it is vented by the cap. The cap is not sealed and relieves pressure through the cap. It was mentioned a few posts down from the OP but you need to delete your pcv valve using this catch can. You could call Peterson or one of the other catch can manufacturers and they could probably get you a can with the correct amount of bungs on it to route it the way you want. Check this thread Different Oil Separator Installations out for more info on the OP's setup. I run the same setup as the Boss 302 cars on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread