Cat Delete Questions

CorDog009

Established Member
I like mine with the GT500 a/b's. With my 10-series Flowmasters the car was too loud and raspy. Not too loud now, and sounds tons better. No more rasp either, and I can hear the radio at a normal level now.

robbinthehood

Established Member
I was really hoping to go with the gt500 ab and orx as one if my first mods. Don't want too loud though at all. Wish someone next to me had the combo to hear it

Larry03GT

Established Member
I'm running the magnaflow O/R true X with factory over axle pipes and flowmaster american thunder axle backs. No complaints from any of the neighbors. I do get alot of complements but personaly I think it sounds a little raspy but I's expected running an X with FI.

Exhaust vid - YouTube

Deranged2013

Established Member
Best exhaust sound I've ever heard on these 5.0s was O/R X and Kooks catback. My future purchase, with long tubes of course.

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
I had a pretty lengthy discussion about the matter to my friend who recommended them, he says that they would throw a CEL at first but that eventually it will go away once the car learns what's happening. I suggested he and I throw them on at the tune shop when we do the Boss IM. He says that it would be better to put them on before for relearn time and to make sure there are no leaks. I guess my question is, how well would these do without a tune for a while?

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Cat deletes, Boss Quad w/o block off plates, and Magnaflow Street Ackebacks.....love it.

Had the SLP Loudmouths and they were OBNOXIOUS. Lol!!

GBCoyote

Established Member
I had a pretty lengthy discussion about the matter to my friend who recommended them, he says that they would throw a CEL at first but that eventually it will go away once the car learns what's happening. I suggested he and I throw them on at the tune shop when we do the Boss IM. He says that it would be better to put them on before for relearn time and to make sure there are no leaks. I guess my question is, how well would these do without a tune for a while?

You can run them without a tune but will throw a CEL. I threw mine on along with the boss manifold and new throttle body and uploaded a new tune without a hiccup. I wouldn't run it without a tune, but I am a perfectionist.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
nope i tried it its just about as quiet as stock but raspier

I wouldn't say the stock mufflers are no louder without cats, but I do agree they sound raspy without them. My car with offroad Lethal H pipe, Lethal OTA pipes (deleting the resonators), and stock mufflers sounded terrible. It was the worst raspy/trumpeting sound you have ever heard at WOT. Replaced the stock mufflers with Magnaflow street axlebacks, problem solved. Exhaust is louder, deeper, while raspy and trumpeting is gone.

I do not like higher pitched X pipe exotic exhaust on an American Muscle car. Give me that deep classic earthquake street tone.

Last edited:

The Guz

Established Member
I wouldn't say the stock mufflers are no louder without cats, but I do agree they sound raspy without them. My car with offroad Lethal H pipe, Lethal OTA pipes (deleting the resonators), and stock mufflers sounded terrible. It was the worst raspy/trumpeting sound you have ever heard at WOT. Replaced the stock mufflers with Magnaflow street axlebacks, problem solved. Exhaust is louder, deeper, while raspy and trumpeting is gone.

I do not like higher pitched X pipe exotic exhaust on an American Muscle car. Give me that deep classic earthquake street tone.

well not as quiet as stock, a little louder but ur right the WORST sound ever haha i was shifting under 2k just so i didnt have to hear it so much hahaa

Users who are viewing this thread