Cat Delete mod and FUMES!

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
you don't have side pipes...does yours get fumey??

I have the same Boss Quad pipe setup as you guys with cat deletes:

IMAG0988.gif

I don't drive mine daily, but when I datalog for Shaun, I don't smell anything and I had a full exhaust on my '07, complete with headers and that smelled.!!! This one is not nearly as bad IMO..

legos_mustang

Established Member
I had an O/R H-Pipe on my 2012 Mustang GT and while it added a noticeable amount of power, I ended up putting the cats and the stock H-pipe back on because of the fumes.

With no leaks, and even though the exhaust only came out the rear of the car, it was still quite noticeable. (Funny I don't remember it being a problem in my '74 Z-28 that had open headers as the exhaust for years!... guess I'm getting old).

I have a friend here that removed his cats a couple of years ago and the smell has now completely permeated his interior now. When you get in his car, it smells like you already started the car and the wind is blowing the fumes right back at you. Like someone said above, you do get used to it (to an extent). For me, it wasn't worth the HP gain. If I ever change my Boss' powertrain, I'll probably try some of the high flow H-pipe options. Has anyone tried some of the High Flow Cat H-pipes being offered? Here's a couple I found below - I'm sure there are a lot more but I have no idea which ones are decent and which aren't worth the money. I don't know if they will throw a code for those of us that have to deal with emissions, nor do I know if they really provide any sort of real HP or torque gain (but at least it isn't your factory Cats that are get abused if you run some of the ghost cam tune or run FI).

Boss Mustang Boss Mid-Pipe w/Cat"
Boss 302 High Flow Performance H-Pipe, with cats - MRT Performance
Boss 302 Highflow Race H-Pipe, with cats - MRT Performance

Cheers
Lego
Performance White #2351
030small.jpg

Laztug

Established Member
You could rlly just press the "recirculated air" button on your car and have the problem fixed....

IMG_20120917_132459.jpg

little button to the right of a/c.

Users who are viewing this thread