Caster Camber bolts

Montanasvt

Established Member
quick question...im am about to lower my 2011 gt with eibach sportlines...i bought some caster camber bolts...the kit came with 2...one for each side... Will that be enough??? It seems like i heard someone say they needed two on each side..

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
quick question...im am about to lower my 2011 gt with eibach sportlines...i bought some caster camber bolts...the kit came with 2...one for each side... Will that be enough??? It seems like i heard someone say they needed two on each side..

only use one per side to adjust. you can get +/- 2 degrees out of a bolt if i remember right.

cbaty08

Established Member

Not sure if you are Brembo equipped or not, even if not how it will differ, but I just thought I would chime in as I have the same springs and I had to install caster/camber plates ON TOP of the camber bolts to get my camber right.

At first, the bolts were fine, but once the springs settled, it definitely needed further adjustment.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
the bolts usually give more adjustment than a plate. you do not need more than one per side and make sure whoever installs them knows what they are doing.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
take it to a shop. the measurements are so precise that even with a well trained eye you can only get it close.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I'd probably notch out the struts before putting camber bolts in, assuming stock struts. Camber bolts are a smaller diameter so you lose some strength in that area.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Just put maximum motorsports cc plates on my car. Either the bolts alone were not good enough or sears can't align a car for shit. I wasn't in the system and I don't have a receipt so I couldn't hold them to the warranty. Regardless I got hardcore wear on the inside of my tires.

I used the maximum motorsports camber gauge and did the alignment myself this time.

13GT

Established Member
I'm running the Sportlines as well. The Eibach camber bolts were enough to bring me back into factory specs. Make sure you tell whoever is aligning your car that you have adjustable camber bolts and that they know how to adjust them.

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
I'm running the Sportlines as well. The Eibach camber bolts were enough to bring me back into factory specs. Make sure you tell whoever is aligning your car that you have adjustable camber bolts and that they know how to adjust them.

We're those included with the sportlines?

Users who are viewing this thread