Carpet/Gas pedal recall question

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
What did Ford do to the cars when they recalled the carpet???

The previous owner of my car gave me the letter, but him, (nor I) will leave this car at a dealership for someone to work on or drive around in.

Can I do this myself? Got pics? Anybody anybody??

:beer:

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Its just a piece of metal that bolts between the carpet and the pedal. Schedule the appointment and tell them you will wait for the car. No test drive is needed and shouldnt take very long. With the right parts and tools 30 min max.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
They put a plastic piece behind the pedal so it doesn't hit the carpeting at WOT.
You could just cut the carpeting.

Last edited:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
So the pedal gets stuck under the carpet? I'll just cut a peice of carpet out myself.

I know that all the Mustangs I've worked on have had a peice of metal that bolts between the pedal and the firewall. I wonder if they left that out of the 03-04's.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
The carpet tends to bunch up and the pedal will catch. Normally under WOT when you plant the pedal into the floorboard. I looked at mine awhile back nothing to it really but does the job. Either way take a look down there and fix a potential problem. It may never be a problem but I wouldnt want to find out the hard way.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
On my '04 when I had it I cut the carpet myself. It's very easy to see where you need to trim - do it yourself.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
For sure....I will do it myself. I don't want some 17 year old porter at a dealership, or even some middle aged guy I do not know driving the car in and out, then get the bright idea, of "testing it out" on the road. Know what I mean? Car breaks the tires in any gear at any speed under 70-80, and if you're not ready for it and have no experience with a car going sideways, it could get ugly. Thanks guys!!!!!!

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
MY tires chirp in 2nd to 3rd!!!!!:banana:

lol...yeah man, it's crazy. I haven't driven the car in warm weather yet, all 35* stuff, since I just bought it. I didn't get to even get the RPM's up to shift 2nd to 3rd, hell....I thought I was gonna die just tapping the gas in that weather!! lol:rolling:

oldmodman

Established Member
I took the letter in to my local parts dept. And they just gave me the part. It took my one bottle of Grolsch and ten minutes to install it.
But my pedal had never stuck before anyway.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
They did the pedal recall on mine while I waited. About a half hour. No need for them to take it for a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread