Carnage pic

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
Pic of buddies 03 L block. I think it has 5300 miles on it. JLP lower pulley and a cat back with a mail order chip. Dude said he smashed the throttle at 80 and this happened. :shrug:

stuff_093.jpg

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
who would show up or tell them about the mods? More so, mods that are so easy to take off?

MatchStick

Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
He should have demodded it. Nasty looking.

I tried telling him that before he took it to Ford. Ford said they were not concerned with the exhaust and the pulley, just the chip.

Great way to spend quite a few thousands dollars in repairs. :bash:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
Mail Order Tune = You deserve for your engine to blow up

wow what a very nice statement to make :rolleyes: many people do not have the ability or location to get a cusomt tune .

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by jeffsvt
wow what a very nice statement to make :rolleyes: many people do not have the ability or location to get a cusomt tune .

You'd buy a 30K dollar vehicle and not drive a few hours to have it tuned right? I sure as hell would.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Sad to see...thats exactly what happened to my 01 Lightning I traded in for my current ride. The guy who bought it blew a rod out the side 2 weeks later. Sucks that they dont have forged internals, but also sucks to not have a safe tune ! But he was lucky and FORD warrantied him a new long block!:beer: We have a mod friendly dealer here...they know how to lie *cough* did I say that? :whine:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
Mail Order Tune = You deserve for your engine to blow up

Totally agree!

Just drive somewhere to get it done. Mail order chips suck. I know a few ppl who have had major problems because of mail order chips..

Remember all it is, is a EDUCATED GUESS. But its still guessing.:shrug:
Not 1 car is the same. Get on a dyno and get it "tuned".

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is the truth IMHO :thumbsup:

:beer:

MatchStick

Established Member
Originally posted by CraZeeSTanG

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is the truth IMHO :thumbsup:

None taken. If it were my vehicle it would be dyno tuned. Myself as well as a few others tried to tell him about the benefits of a custom tune. He is one of those people with more $$$ than brains.

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Ford shouldn't fix it. I mod my cars as much as most and assume the risk that go with it. I would prefer for the owner to fix his own truck since he modded it and make my next new car a little cheaper. This kind of work is exspensive for Ford to fix and the cost is past along to all of us.
Now, if Ford wasn't going to fix it because of a muffler change or something crazy like that, then a person has a beef.

Users who are viewing this thread