Cargo net Come with Cobra?

Old Stang

Established Member
Did your Cobra come with a cargo net in the trunk?

Two front carpeted mats, but no rear mats?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Correct no mats for the rear. Cargo net was first run cars I think if you do a search someone posted the part # if you want it.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Cobra10thanniv is correct. The early run 03 Cobras came with the trunk net. My dealer removed one from a regular mustang and gave it to me. Hey Bill, did you read the SVT book cover to cover?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue 2003
Cobra10thanniv is correct. The early run 03 Cobras came with the trunk net. My dealer removed one from a regular mustang and gave it to me. Hey Bill, did you read the SVT book cover to cover?

Except the part on the focus and contour parts that was hard to keep my attention. I noticed mistakes also. And in the pictures I noted they never have wheel weights on and some pics threw the book they are missing tire valve cap. Juess some kid got to that before they had a chance to take pics lol.

I have been rereading the mustang stuff every day I sure like it. thanks

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I kept mine out of my GT when I traded it in. If you call your dealer and complain a little, they'll get you one.

03cobra#116

Established Member
You must be careful with the cargo nets. They get into the latching mechanism (especially when removing groceries from the trunk -- yes, I get groceries in the Cobra) and then the trunk will pop open as you drive.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03cobra#116
You must be careful with the cargo nets. They get into the latching mechanism (especially when removing groceries from the trunk -- yes, I get groceries in the Cobra) and then the trunk will pop open as you drive.
You are correct. However, I am glad I have one. Really comes in handy. They cost around $35.00 I think. I'd recommend it, but just be careful like 03Cobra#116 said.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I didn't get one, don't care too much, but it would be nice. Also, WTF, in a 34K dollar car, why no rear mats? My 89 Fox came with rear mats, for a grand sum total of $11,600.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by mblgjr
I didn't get one, don't care too much, but it would be nice. Also, WTF, in a 34K dollar car, why no rear mats? My 89 Fox came with rear mats, for a grand sum total of $11,600.
Guess they figured the back seat is so small that no one would use them. LOL!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
well, the back seat is used.......just not for anything you would need floormats for ;)

eddy z

Established Member
correct, car came with cargo net in trunk and front floor mats only.. did not come with ash tray, even i tried to order the smokers package from factory.. i used my old ash tray from my 98 cobra.. fits perfect in the 03.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Mine didn't come with a net. I just bought one from the parts office at the dealer. I like having it, keeps crap from flying around back there.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Mine didnt' come with that bottle you guys are talking about, I'm P*SSED!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobra#116

Tell me about it. That silly thing is always getting stuck in the latch. :nonono:

bones

Established Member
Apparently, I test drove a first run car and when I asked to see the trunk, I noticed the net. When I picked up my car (a second run) no net. I complained to the salesman and he maintained that Cobras didn't come with the net. I finally went to dealer's customer relations person and got a net but, I still haven't figured out how to anchor it. I'm thinking the tie points were left out of the second run cars making the net useless.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Mine was built in June and it has the anchors. Open the trunk, lean inside and look in the trunk behind where the taillights are. There should be two black "T"' anchors, one on each side. The loops on the end of the net hook around the "T" anchors.

Users who are viewing this thread