Careful guys, Windows 10 is now being forced on users.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not exactly "forced", but yea, annoying.

Leave me the F alone about updating already, its basically adware now, constantly telling me to update and all the great new "features".

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've upgraded all of mine to 10. I kinda like it. I haven't had any issues since the first time I installed it on a laptop and the keypad stopped working.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've had about enough of the nagging. There are ways to get rid of it but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I've been on Win 10 with all of my computers for several months now. No issues. My only actual complaint is the calendar date selection tool embedded into Microsoft edge.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Here at my job we let the IT guys keep our systems running, and we're currently on 7, so we play by their rules, and they don't want us updating to 10.....yet. I'm sure inevitably the upgrade will happen at some point for us. I like what I'm comfortable using though, I hate re-learning stuff.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I 'upgraded' our desktop to 10 for free as it was an option when I bought a new computer a few months back, and no matter what we did it wouldn't connect to WiFi...upon researching we found it was an issue with Windows 10. Switched back, don't care to go back to 10 now.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I 'upgraded' our desktop to 10 for free as it was an option when I bought a new computer a few months back, and no matter what we did it wouldn't connect to WiFi...upon researching we found it was an issue with Windows 10. Switched back, don't care to go back to 10 now.

All you needed to do was turn off fast boot. With that option selected many computers with SSD hard drives boot so quickly that it doesn't initialize non-essential drivers. Other's have had trouble with USB 3.0 ports etc with this option.

Same thing with the instant on with the XBone, turn that crap off and it functions better.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I wonder if it will fix the pop up I get saying that I don't have a legit copy of Windows.

Nope, if your Win7 copy isn't registered, Win10 won't be either.

If you activate it with winloader it should leave Win10 activated as long as you install it as an "upgrade" and not a fresh install. I did that on a friends laptop and it worked fine, but results may vary.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I just bought my wife a new laptop with windows 10 over the weekend. I haven't played with it much other than for a few minutes setting it up. It seemed fine to me. It's different from 7, but still felt familiar. At work we haven't updated to windows 10 though.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
What is so bad about windows 10 that everyone hates so much?

For me its not a matter of hating the new OS, its a matter of not being forced into it and pestered. They have essentially made win 7/8/8.1 adware now where we constantly get annoyed to update. I DO plan on updating, its just gonna be whenever I get around to it, and more of the bugs and privacy issues have been sorted out.

There are still plenty of cases where you should not upgrade. One prime example is my grandmother. She is 81 now and any change, no matter how minor, is very upsetting and a difficult adjustment. She has been on 7 for years and I still have to remind her the button on the bottom left is still the "start" button she was so used to. The fact that she prompted to update and probably not know any better will be something i'll have to try and prevent.

Users who are viewing this thread