Carbon Fiber Fenders...

BUCKET

Established Member
Is it something pointless dent repair can handle? I have used them before and been very happy with results

Fun4me

Established Member
Pics of the damage and car in general would be helpful.
Make sure to get the matching cf caliper covers.

kornflake7

Established Member
Would save a lot more than 2 lbs, I had them on my 350z, black on black so it didn't stand out. To each his own if he wants to do it and be different or paint them then let the guy. It's not your money or hurting you in anyway. From my personal experience with cf fenders it's never gonna be perfect and slight modifications but all I had to do was put a couple washers to space it out so the door would clear. But haven't seen anyone with a mustang do them personally.

Benchracer

Established Member
I disagree with a lot of you guys. There is nothing "rice" about carbon fiber unless you are getting it just for looks. It is weight reduction so it WILL have a performance gain. Whether its worth it or not is up to the buyer. Some people on here are just like showing their ass it seems.

noldevin

Established Member
There are two kinds of carbon fiber you can put on a car.

You have stuff like Trufiber, which is shiny and pretty and loaded up with laquer to make it look nice. These are show pieces and will rarely lose much if any weight. This is the carbon fiber that people should consider "rice"

Then you have the race pieces like what MMR sells. They are thin, light, and generally pretty ugly. They take a lot of prep to make them look nice and might need some extra reinforcing pieces to prevent them from flexing and ruining the paint (like the tiger CF hood). Most racers would probably just vinyl wrap them. These will save a lot of weight but I wouldn't expect them to fit well or look nice, even when painted. This kind of carbon fiber is by no means "rice" unless you put it on a street car that never gets raced.

Last edited:

nate714

Established Member
This thread is from 2013, and for what it's worth, CF fenders seem like a poor investment when there are other options like fiberglass for half the cost or less. Also it'd be cheaper to relocate the battery to the rear, which doesn't save weight but puts it in a better place. That said, if I was made of money I'd have the CF tiger racing hood painted close to body color. I saw it in person at a Formula Drift event and I was in love, and I'm not a fan of most aftermarket hoods or body kits.

Douglas White

Established Member
Check Trufiber parts out. I would prefer the fenders painted but do like the tops of the car left black(not my car so I won't get butt hurt if you leave them unpainted like some lol). Like you said you know they probabaly won't fit as well and I'm not sure there would be much weight savings. Don't know of anyone on here having the fenders for personal experience though.

TruFiber blows. Their CF will chip and fall apart within a year, and fitment is going to be crap. Ask me how I know.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just wanted to touch base as someone mention above our CF fenders, the MMR fenders are a perfect (molded directly from the factory fender) and go right on, they are black gel coated and ready for paint, the quality of our carbon fiber products as far as fit and quality are as good as the factory and we pride ourselves on this!

422393_.jpg

noldevin

Established Member
Just wanted to touch base as someone mention above our CF fenders, the MMR fenders are a perfect (molded directly from the factory fender) and go right on, they are black gel coated and ready for paint, the quality of our carbon fiber products as far as fit and quality are as good as the factory and we pride ourselves on this!

422393_.jpg

I wasn't specifically saying your fenders fit like crap. Just generalizing with most "race" carbon parts. More apparent with hoods and trunks usually.

Users who are viewing this thread