Carbon Fiber Fenders...

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Who has experience with them? How do they fit? Where did you buy them? How is the finish? I just want to get your overall experience with them.

Long story short, parked my car, went to work, came back, and there is a weird triangular ding that has gotten right down to the metal(3 little prong type dents, no idea how it could have happened, and im 90% sure it was not there in the morning).... its very miniscule, but its pissing me offf.... im NOT going through insurance, **** them, and i dont want to paint my factory fenders.... so, my thoughts, instead of having it re-painted.... just buy CF fenders and pull the factory ones off and keep them as mint as possible & so they are in original shape as i dont want to have bondo or filler on my car.... just want some reviews on them if anyone has used them & how they like them, & was it worth it?

I mean, to get it fixed is probably going to cost 400-1000.... and i can buy 2 CF fenders for like 950 + shipping and tax from CJ pony parts.... or i could go fiberglass... but if i went fiberglass(550)... i would probably paint them ,and that adds to costs anyways.... if i bought CF, i would leave the Carbon weave look.... on a side note, Are the factory fenders Aluminum? Or steel? if steel, its another good reason to goto fiberglass/Carbon fiber and loose some front end weight.

Last edited:

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
thats what i thought..... so weight reduction and a clean fender with no filler =) sounds like I found my replacements..... anyone use CF fenders? want to see where you got, how you like, ect.

Thanks JAS for that info!

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
If I got them, I'd paint them...but really, how heavy are the stockers vs the cf ones?

I'd probably just get OEM ones and call it a day.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
OEM from ford 150-200? yea right..... I dont want critisism.... i want to see if anyone had FITMENT ISSUES, and how they like it...

Oh, and ive never owned a honda, and dont plan on it. Nothing but mustangs since day 1.
Im not into ricers either, but i think a CF fender, with a small vinyl wrap on half of door, will make it look fairly good... i dont care if you think its "rice" or not.... i dont see it as a ricer thing, and i really cannot stand the fact of putting filler on a factory peice.....

Last edited:

Yaterstang

Established Member
They'll never fit as well as your stock fenders. If you have some little scratch, theres body and paint guys who won't rape you to fix it. I could probably find someone local who'd do it for 100-200 bucks tops.

And to confirm, carbon fiber fenders are RICE. :dancenana:

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
i know they will never fit as good as stock... im not new to aftermarket body parts.... ive had many a fiberglass hoods for foxbodys, some fit great, some not so much... THATS WHY IM LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCE, not trolling assholes...I didnt ask if you like the idea or not.... its NOT the money, its the fact i know there will be bondo/filler under that fender. Im picky, you guys clearly dont seem to be & no way in hell am i going to make a claim over such a small dings.

So your saying vaugn gittin jr is super rice then cause his whole car is CF. I dont care about your opinion if you think they are "rice" or not. I want people who HAVE USED, not just speculate, about the fenders.

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
So your saying vaugn gittin jr is super rice then cause his whole car is CF.

O i think my fellow svtp members are confused..

Gittin has CF on his RACE CAR.... so this is obviously going on your race car right :bored:

Instead of replacing the fenders you should sell the car. :beer:

Graboid

Established Member
Check Trufiber parts out. I would prefer the fenders painted but do like the tops of the car left black(not my car so I won't get butt hurt if you leave them unpainted like some lol). Like you said you know they probabaly won't fit as well and I'm not sure there would be much weight savings. Don't know of anyone on here having the fenders for personal experience though.

RFM50

Established Member
Why do people have to bash on this sight. He didn't ask for your opinion. He wants to know who has experience with them. Carbon fiber goes into some of the best super cars and you guys are going to call it rice. Dude if you don't like it then simply say its not your cup of tea or don't say anything at all. OP more power too you for trying to be original and don't worry about all the haters. No one would ever be original or invent new things if everyone always did the same thing.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
OEM fenders are cheap. Here you go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-FE...Mustang|Year:2010&hash=item256c58baed&vxp=mtr

And if you don't like what people say, than don't ask 3-4 questions about them in the first line of your post. You sound like a Ricer, I'm sorry you don't want to hear that, lol. You're talking about leaving the CF weave to show. To show what? Mis matched CF fenders? They're going to fit like SHIT compared to stock, they're going to save you MAYBE 2 lbs overall (if that) over the stock aluminum fenders. And if you do paint them, chances are the paint won't match that well. If you leave them unpainted, it's going to look HORRIBLE.

And this is coming from a guy who's owned 5 evos, a g35 coupe, IS350, TSX, g35x sedan, etc... all imports.

06092010408.jpg

images

mitsubishi_evolution_x_carbon_fende.jpg

Here's a stang for you with some chicken wire vents too.
DSC02983.JPG

Case in point, it's gonna look like SHlT. lol. Ok man, I'm done raggin on you. don't be offended, I don't hate you. Grab your balls, cough it out and move on. Get a stock fender and paint it. Sometimes changing something JUST to change it is not worth it.

Last edited:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Who puts carbon fiber fenders on a mustang? Do you even have a gt? Sounds like something a 6cyl guy would do.

Users who are viewing this thread