Car wont start after BAP wiring upgrade...

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
Like title says. I followed a write up for the wire upgrade for the BAP and now the car doesnt seem to be getting fuel. I cant hear the FP kick on with the key either, but Im not sure I remember hearing if before. I messed with the wiring a bit and still nothing. Any help or possibly a good set of pics of thje wiring to go by would be greatly appreciated! Need to get car tunes asap for NMRA but need it running first lol

Quagmire

Established Member
Its your wiring, if car worked before now doesn't, somethings not right. First check your getting power then check your grounds and fuses. test each connection and you will find the problem

TRBO VNM

Yup, go back through the wiring. You did something wrong. Have a friend check it for you with another set of eyes/hands. MAKE sure you look at the pins on the relay and not the harness colors that are in the plug for the relay. Those wire colors change from manufacturer to manufacturer.

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
^ Im aware that its the wiring. I need to something to look at to verify where things should be. In the instructions its like use this color or that color and I believe I may have something crossed but would like to be able to see someone elses work to be certain

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
3ff311a8.gif

Check your fuses with a multimeter and make sure the relay is good. As said before burnish your grounds.

TRBO VNM

I wasnt trying yo be smart lol, i believe this is what i went by...

BAP/Wiring Upgrade Installation Directions

It's cool and sometimes I am in a mood that makes me want to react as if I was in smack down, but it isn't that place...so, to nicely answer your question....

those instructions are the same that are on here. Read them again and pay attention to the Pin #'s listed. Look on the bottom of the relay and each pin is numbered. You may need a flashlight to see them clearly, but they are there. Then you can match up that pin number to the adapter plug and see what wire it really is for and compare to the instructions.

The instructions state to do this because the wire colors change. I use an adapter from NAPA that is totally different than what lethal uses and lethals have changed colors a couple times as well. you have to match the pins on the relay to what it is in the instructions for the correct wire. Don't pay attention to the wire colors on the relay adapter and try to match them up to the wire colors in the instructions. This is why the pin # is listed in the instructions.

Make sense?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Only other thing i have seen people forget to do is put the fuse the the 8 gauge wire. I doubt the relay is bad.

and yes, you should hear the pumps prime when key is turned to on position

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
The directions you posted show the this on a wiring schematic

d6a145e6.gif

0d26f376.gif

Relay in the same placement as shown in schematic
Is this correct looks correct To me.

TRBO VNM

01Jes, yes, that is correct.

FYI for anyone, there are many different ways to wire up a relay. The instructions Ironterp posted, which is also the pdf I have on my site, that is just one way that works. The relay just acts as a switch in the system and can either be used as a grounding switch or 12v switch depending on application and what you want to do.

The relay always needs a 12v source and a ground source. Then the other 2 pins are your switch. One gets the trigger wire and the other goes to whatever you are providing power or ground to(that you are switching).

Users who are viewing this thread