Car went sideways on the way to work, suspension help?

Doc Vegas

Established Member
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but I have heard a Watts Link can really help. My car does the same if there is even a small bump in a turn. There is a thread on this that I started, or at least participated in, a while back. Sounded like the remedy, but I never got around to it. Would be curious if anyone else here is looking into, or better applied, a Watts Link - like Fays 2.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but I have heard a Watts Link can really help. My car does the same if there is even a small bump in a turn. There is a thread on this that I started, or at least participated in, a while back. Sounded like the remedy, but I never got around to it. Would be curious if anyone else here is looking into, or better applied, a Watts Link - like Fays 2.

I have a Whiteline Watt's link and I can tell you it made a huge difference. Most of the "boaty feel" is gone and the car is more predictable and controllable when hitting bumps.
But I don't think OP hit a bump, or did he?

devilish64

Established Member
dead hooker springs wont help honestly.... i have them and every other rear suspension mod and my car still does the same thing yours does but probably even worse because i have 4.10 gears. Once you hit a certain amount of power in theese cars, street traction becomes a challenge. I am constantly adjusting shocks, pinion angle, ride height and anti squat angles to try and help the car hook better. It just doesnt seem to like putting power down. GOOD LUCK OP!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Problem is the 680rwhp. Run the stickiest tire you can live with. Tire compound makes the most difference when compared to other mods for traction. After you do this, any wheel spin is just part of the game when you are making this much power. It's easy to make power, hard to make traction.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Problem is the 680rwhp. Run the stickiest tire you can live with. Tire compound makes the most difference when compared to other mods for traction. After you do this, any wheel spin is just part of the game when you are making this much power. It's easy to make power, hard to make traction.

^ This. That is incredible horse power and honestly now most of your money is going to be spent on the softest rubber you can get, because you need that, but sadly that also means you will be going through tires like mad, and those suckers add up FAST. It's not a AWD vehicle and I can't imagine how expensive tires are to put down 680rwhp, and they won't last long either because they have to be soft as can be.

:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread