Car vibrates while turning at slow speeds

jmurray87

Established Member
Recently been having an issue with my 2011 I need some help with. Lately I have noticed when turning at real slow speeds such as backing out or pulling into the driveway, or even just turning at a stop or red light. The car seems to have a quick vibrate/shutter coming from I dont know where and it only does it briefly and like I said while turning left or right at very slow speeds or from a stop. I took the car into Ford and told them what was going on and left it there for the day they called later said they couldn't feel it or see anything wrong. That being said I picked up the car and it's still doing it. Anyone have any possible ideas or hints to what could be causing it? Rear end issue or possible suspension? Sometimes I feel like its coming from the front but I dunno its hard to pin point. Sometimes Ill even just hear hollow creaking noises coming from the rear just turning in general.

Cliff noites: Car vibrates (sometimes badly) when turning from very slow speeds or from a stop. Car is a 2011 Auto with 56k on it so still has powertrain warranty.

5.0GT

Established Member
is it like a moaning sound? I have some vibration and it moans loudly when I make sharp turns with some speed. TruTrac waiting to go in. That might not be it in yours though

jmurray87

Established Member
Time to check the diff clutches. Have you had the axle serviced lately?

When I took it in to Ford they said they checked the rear end and saw nothing. Now how much they actually looked into it I dunno but I may just take it in again or a different Ford dealer. Thanks for the help.

jmurray87

Established Member
Well tomorrow morning taking the car back again before work, the issue has gotten worse to where I don't even want to drive the car. This time I plan to have a tech ride along so I can point it out I mean the noise/issue is obvious so how they "didn't hear or feel it" last time without me is beyond me.

Hopefully I can get it sorted I am tired of this issue and would like to actually be able to enjoy the car.

14GT916

Established Member
I had a similar problem with a previous car. It turned out it was a defective tire. The tire had warped it was lopsided but I only noticed when turning during slow speeds. Just thought I would chime in. Hopefully it might be something like this instead of something major. Good luck.

jmurray87

Established Member
Well took it to Ford again this morning and the service advisor there basically said that since it was worked on before before I bought it I would be charged just to have it looked at again. So they said to take it to where I bought it from (Hyundai dealer) and have them take care of it so I said fine whatever and took it there. Guess what? They said "Yeah we will probably take it to Ford have them check it out" I feel like im getting the dam run around here.

BTW, Ford wanting to charge me doesn't make sense since I took it there just after I got the car and noticed it and they looked at it for free and claimed they felt and saw nothing starting to think this dealer I went to doesn't really know whats going on.

Zemedici

Established Member
They have to charge you to be able to pay the technician his time for diagnosing. If you bought it there they could warranty it ou.

Zemedici

Established Member
Go to the ford dealer and get an oil change, ask for a multi point inspection (should be free) and go to the lube bay and ask the tech who's working on your car about the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread