Car/Truck you regret NOT buying....

VenomVeins

Established Member
All of us have had a ‘close call’ or 10 when comes to buying a car or truck, and we decided against it and bought something else.

What was the vehicle(s) that you wished you wouldve pulled the trigger on but didnt?

This one is hard to admit, and still slightly stings: In late ‘99 I almost bought a Black manual transmission 1996 Twin Turbo Supra with 8k miles. It was pristine.

I instead bought a 2000 Acura Integra GSR for almost $9,000 more because my girlfriend at the time already had a 1998 Manual Supra and it would be redundant to have 2 of the same car, so i bought something ‘different’. Incredibly stupid.

She ended selling her Supra way too cheap to buy a new white WS6 trans am that was a pile of utter shit that spent more time at the dealership than on the road.

A close second would be passing on an ‘03 5k mile Terminator back in 2004 to buy a brand new Mach 1 ‘dat unfunctional hood scoop dough!!’ for over 10k more. Just stupid. Lol.

So lets hear it, what is your ‘shouldve pulled the trigger and bought it instead’ story?

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Most likely you drummed up bad memories and everyone went day drinking.

Mine was the 69' R code Mach 1 I found with matching SCJ engine in a field. About 1000 yards from that was a numbers matching Talladega. Should've bought that, too.

Very few cars are "Shoulda coulda woulda" for me. There's a bunch of cars, bunch of deals, and bunch of work to be had.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Most likely you drummed up bad memories and everyone went day drinking.

Lol.

Yeah, i wasnt thrilled reliving my past purchasing stupidity. I’ve tried to justify it over the years by telling myself and others “I wanted a BRAND NEW car-not something used”, but anything under 10k miles is damn near brand new to begin with.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Back in November 2007 I bought a black 2003 Mercury Marauder with 6400 original miles, thing was mint. Paid $20,000 for it.

No regrets buying it.

6 months later a member here, listed his 1995 Cobra R for sale for $19,995 so he could fund a new business venture. If I hadn’t bought the Marauder and had the cash still I would have bought the 95R instead.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
In the Summer of 2000 I had a shot at buying red 16K mile 93 Supra|MKIV for 23K! I was working the deal with a local used exotics dealer and another salesman there sold it out from underneath me to online buyer, that deal still bothers me.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
For me,....the 2014 GT500.
I backed out because I thought insurance rates would be too much along with the payment, but now that all is said and done with my current car, I know I could have afforded it easily. Sucks, but life goes on and everything happens for a reason.

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh ****. Thats fairly recent.....

That car was the pinnacle of Acura and was a total BLAST to drive. It just hit that sweet spot so well.

Damn.

What did you end up buying instead?
1999 Viper gts... Which is gone now (to my dad at least) I will buy a classic NSX one day.

noco5.0

Established Member
Years ago before I started buying modern muscle cars I was into turbo and V8 Buicks. I found a mint looking 66 Buick GS on Craigslist for something like 6k. Rather than buying it I posted a link on a Buick forum I used to be active on and a guy from out of state jumped on it. He ended up flipping it for around 15k. I didn't really have the cash at the time,but I could have scraped it together. Lesson learned if I see a good deal now i jump on it if I think there is a good profit to be made, but actual good deals are few and far between.

Recon

Established Member
I have a lot so be warned, I’ll keep Mustang related though.
04 GT, top of the list
02 Roush 380R, 1 of 4
98 Steeda Cobra, only red one in existence
07 Roush 427R, Torch Red, color I wanted
13 GT500, factory stripe delete, grey
01 Bullitt, several ones, all DHG
07 GT500, Eleanor colors
08 Roush P-51A, all options
09 Roush P-51B, very very low miles
03 Cobra, 10th Black Coupe
07 Saleen Racecraft, 1 of 3, Grabber Orange

I look at a lot of cars, but the paycheck can only support so much.

Pick your poison.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
There are 2 cars I passed on that I wish I had found the means to buy. Doesn't piss me off when I think about it but definitely disappointed.

The first was a real '98 Saleen Cobra. Guy was moving across the country and was getting rid of it. It was perfect too but just out of my price range at the time.

Second was an '87 GN my friend was going to sell me cheap. Only mildly modded and very solid car with only ~40K miles on it.

Kick myself for both of those.

cbr repsol

Established Member
The only car that this happened to me was a 2007 gt500. It was very lightly used and thr dealer wanted to much for it imo. I got approved for thr car but i walked away.

All i can say is the next car i get im keeping no matter what. Been regretting selling my cobra and its been 7 years to long.

Users who are viewing this thread