Car sounds way different when cold??

SicShelby09

Banned
this....It's worse (better :-D) with muffler deletes yet!

Yeah I have them too. But I guess in my old age, they are a bit too loud. Now with the cold starts making them x2, its very annoying. When the car is warming up in the garage in the morning, its waking up my infant son and 2yo daughter. It vibrates the whole garage. Whoops. I get that angry phone call 2 minutes after I leave from the wife yelling at me to make the car quieter because it woke the kids. I think the stock mufflers are going back on.

Project X

Established Member
Yeah I have them too. But I guess in my old age, they are a bit too loud. Now with the cold starts making them x2, its very annoying. When the car is warming up in the garage in the morning, its waking up my infant son and 2yo daughter. It vibrates the whole garage. Whoops. I get that angry phone call 2 minutes after I leave from the wife yelling at me to make the car quieter because it woke the kids. I think the stock mufflers are going back on.

I hear ya....my 12 second car is louder than my 8 second car! I'm lucky though my wife and kids sleep at the other end of the house! Mind you they wouldn't complain though....

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
Now that the cold weather is here. I have noticed that my car sounds way louder and more rough when its cold. Not running rough, just the sound is more mean. It takes it a good 5-10 minutes of driving before it gets fully warmed up now, and sounds normal again. I have a completely stock exhaust accept magnaflow muffler deletes. This just started last week since it got cold out, and now I notice it every day. Anyone else notice this? Once the car warms up, its normal again. And it runs great with no check engine lights.

Mine does the same. It's even more pronounced with catless long tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread