Car shipping

M240Bravo

Established Member
Any help on shipping companies that will ship a car from the east coast to the midwest. I have google searched but haven't seen what I'm looking for.

Open trailer, and the car needs to be shipped some time from tomorrow to the end of Jan.

Thanks

CV355

_
Established Member
Call Bears Transport. They just shipped a car for me- excellent service and highly recommended. They are a broker, but they negotiate based on your preferences. I had several companies tell me their prices couldn't be beat, but Bears came in at 50% for a closed carrier, white glove service.

They will need a 2-day window to work within though.

For open carrier, you may only be looking at $800. I paid $1200 for NV to SC, closed carrier. This was after I received 20+ quotes...

Whatever you do, DO NOT fill out one of those shotgun-marketing "we'll farm the quote for you" websites. Holy crap, talk about spam. I must have gotten 20 calls an hour after making that mistake.

norcalcobra

Established Member
i shipped an excursion with 4 inch lift CA to MD. 1200$ Use a broker, be flexible with your time table. Dont take the first bid. Thats exactly how it works. The broker places your bid on a board, truck drivers reply with their bid. First they wanted 5k, i waited down to 2400, 30 days later settled on 1200$. With the holidays and bad weather in the midwest, its gonna take some time.

M240Bravo

Established Member
i shipped an excursion with 4 inch lift CA to MD. 1200$ Use a broker, be flexible with your time table. Dont take the first bid. Thats exactly how it works. The broker places your bid on a board, truck drivers reply with their bid. First they wanted 5k, i waited down to 2400, 30 days later settled on 1200$. With the holidays and bad weather in the midwest, its gonna take some time.

What broker did you use?

I did post it there, after this a buddy told me about it.

Call Bears Transport. They just shipped a car for me- excellent service and highly recommended. They are a broker, but they negotiate based on your preferences. I had several companies tell me their prices couldn't be beat, but Bears came in at 50% for a closed carrier, white glove service.

They will need a 2-day window to work within though.

For open carrier, you may only be looking at $800. I paid $1200 for NV to SC, closed carrier. This was after I received 20+ quotes...

Whatever you do, DO NOT fill out one of those shotgun-marketing "we'll farm the quote for you" websites. Holy crap, talk about spam. I must have gotten 20 calls an hour after making that mistake.

I called and waiting to hear from them, thanks.

_Snake_

Established Member
Any help on shipping companies that will ship a car from the east coast to the midwest. I have google searched but haven't seen what I'm looking for.

Open trailer, and the car needs to be shipped some time from tomorrow to the end of Jan.

Thanks

Where on the east coast?

Give Jeff a call. You’ll be hard pressed to find a more stand-up guy. Hell, it’ll be worth it just to hear some of his stories.

https://m.facebook.com/corbinshippingllc/

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
No Matter who you use, make sure they are properly insured and permitted. Even doesn’t hurt to ask for any safety reports, dot rating, etc.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am not sure how these guys make a worthwhile living. Unless they get a full load each way it has to be hard to profit when you look at fuel costs, increased insurance costs, tolls, maintenance, lodging meals, ect. On top of being a road dawg it has to wear on a guy.

I shopped around and found place near Nashville called Agape Towing that did a great job at a decent price.

Any drivers out there, be safe and may all your Christmas dreams come true. You guys bust ass.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread