Car Running Rich/Too Much Fuel Pressure

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
This seemed to start around the time I installed my new corrugated fuel line but can't say it was a 1:1 cause/effect.

Stock 2v fuel system aside from a 340LPH pump in the factory basket. No BAP/modified FPDM. Car is Vortech supercharged, 39lbs injectors and lightning MAF. No changes made to tune before problem occurred.

My STFT are basically pegged at 1.25 under idle and cruising and fuel rail pressure is reported at 58psi. Under wide open throttle it levels out to a STFT of .8-.9 and rail pressure of 44psi until I max the duty cycle of the pump and pressure fails (separate issue I believe).

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
Thought I had this resolved, nope.

O2s voltage is cycling, looks normal. MAF readings also look normal. Car's behaving like it has way way too much fuel pressure.

Stang_456

Established Member
This seemed to start around the time I installed my new corrugated fuel line but can't say it was a 1:1 cause/effect.

Stock 2v fuel system aside from a 340LPH pump in the factory basket. No BAP/modified FPDM. Car is Vortech supercharged, 39lbs injectors and lightning MAF. No changes made to tune before problem occurred.
[ /QUOTE 1]

Car's behaving like it has way way too much fuel pressure.
Has it bothered you enough to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a gauge? i mean that is a lot of flow.
You remember how a water hose acts, right? You increase the flow and eventually the pressure will go up with it.
Just my logic.

Users who are viewing this thread